6 Reasons to Not Fall In Love, One Reason You Should

Loving unapologetically is one of the best and worst things you can do.

45
pexels.com

You know those times when you just got you're thinking, "I should've known, I really should've know"? Well, I say, yes, you really should have, but there's nothing you can do about it know,, except take a little time off wallowing and then get your ass off that couch and your guard back up. And yes, your guard will go back up, higher than ever before. You'll convince yourself that you are better off without falling for and loving someone. That is the best thing for you, so you can keep your heart safe. So here are a list of situations in which falling in love would only result in heartbreak, to help you avoid repeating the same mistake.

1. Don't fall in love in a relationship that started off with lust

This is the kind of love story that has graced both the big screen and the small screen many, many times and it had fooled a great many of us into thinking that we, too, could fall in love with a one-night stand. But it's different here in the real world. Just because you lost your heart when you stumbled back to their place that night, that does not mean they did too. They probably know the difference between a physical and emotional connection and it's about time you learn a thing or two on the matter too. Or you'll end up along. And heartbroken. And miserable.

2. Don't fall in love when there is a deadline

He's moving to another state in a year. Or she's starting a whole new life at the end of the summer. For whatever reason, your time with them has a deadline. Deadlines are called that for a reason; it's the end of the road. You don't speed up on a dead-end street do you? So why would you fall n love in a dead end relationship? Because you know you'd just end up alone. And heartbroken. And miserable.

3. Don't fall in love with long, wonderful conversations

We get it: nobody can possibly have the kind of connection you have. It transcends normal human interaction and stretches deep into your soul. It's special, out-of-this world, it's exceptional. Here's a news flash for you: that's what everyone in love thinks. Falling in love on such a deep and personal level is the best feeling in the world, but also invites the worst kind of heartbreak. And loneliness. And misery.

4. Don't fall in love "despite what they say"

Now, people will always have a lot of stupid reasons why you should not be with the person you love. Maybe it's the difference in background. Maybe it's the difference in attractiveness. Maybe it's the difference in age. Maybe it's the difference in capabilities. These people are ridiculous and you should ignore them. But keep in mind, there may be a few who may have a point. They're always going to be those who will be looking out for you. If most of them has expressed some form of disapproval, then you either need to reassess the kinds of friends you have made or drop your lover fast before they do it and leave you alone, heartbroken, and miserable.

5. Don't fall in love when they never will

On a related note, don't fall in love with a person with commitment issues. Now don't give me the "I didn't know they weren't the commitment type" excuses. You knew. You knew. You think you can change them? Not a chance. You cannot fix a person. You cannot change a person They will do what they want and they will leave you alone. And heartbroken. And miserable.

6. Don't fall in love the second time around

Fall in love once, to feel that enchanting kind of happiness that only love can bring. To feel loved, to feel special. To feel like you own the world, because you have them and nothing else matters. But one heartbreak is enough. Putting yourself through another just silly. Nobody wants to feel heartbroken and alone and miserable a second time.

BUT FORGET ABOUT ALL OF THAT

Forget about the reasons why you should not fall in love.

Forget about when you should not fall in love. Forget about not falling in love. Because when it comes down to it, your heart is going to do whatever it wants. That's the magic of love, it makes even the most intelligent people drop all logic and common sense. So you might as well sit back and enjoy the ride. Forget about the statistics telling you that there is a 98% chance you'll crash.

The reality is, even though i'm writing to you about all the reasons you shouldn't fall in love, I fell in love exactly with the reasons i'm telling you not to. That's how life works. My point is, if you fall in love, tell the person. Break the barrier, let your guard down. I did all of those things, and i still haven't told them. Now it's too late and I regret not saying anything. Your heart does some crazy ass things, and it makes you feel things you don't always want to feel, but it's a beautiful thing. Painful, but beautiful.

Fall in love because you will anyway. Fall in love deeply. Fall in love intensely. Fall in love unapologetically. Fall in love in spite of it all, because who knows? I did, and i won't apologize for that. Maybe you are the exception after all.