6 Of The Very Best Looks Of The 2016 Met Gala

A quick recap of the best outfits from the biggest fashion event of the year.

35

The theme of last Monday's Met Gala was "Manus x Machina: Fashion in an Age of Technology," and some of the celebrities at the event took the theme quite literally. For example, Katy Perry and her boyfriend, Orlando Bloom, had matching Tamagotchis (you know, the popular '90s toy with the pet that you constantly had to keep alive) to coordinate with their outfits.

While the Tamagotchis are quirky at best, these six looks from the 2016 Met Gala will have you green with envy.

1. Blake Lively

Lively's dress was designed by Burberry, and her jewels came from Lorraine Schwartz. Just a few weeks ago, it was confirmed that Lively and her husband, Ryan Reynolds, are expecting their second child. Just by looking at the dress (and the train!), I couldn't even tell that Lively was having another child. That's just how #flawless Blake Lively truly is.

2. Nicole Kidman

Kidman's caped gown came from Alexander McQueen, and the diamond tiara on her head came from Fred Leighton. The entire dress is studded in diamonds to form various stars and moons, and it makes Kidman look like a complete goddess, which she already is.

3. Claire Danes

To be honest, when I first saw the photo on the left on Twitter, I thought that the woman in the glow-in-the-dark Zac Posen dress was Heidi Klum. As it turned out, Heidi Klum didn't even walk the Met Gala red carpet that night. Regardless, Claire Danes still looked like a real-life Cinderella.

4 and 5. Gigi Hadid and Zayn Malik

Vogue.com crowned Kim Kardashian and Kanye West as the best-dressed couple of the 2016 Met Gala, and personally, I completely disagree with them. Hadid's Tommy Hilfiger dress completely slays, and Malik's custom-made Versace suit came with metallic arms, making him look like a super-hot robot from the future. Hadid's gunmetal manicure was also reported to be over $2,000 and came with three diamond crystals under each of her nails.

6. Beyoncé

I saved the best look for last. Queen B wore a puff-sleeved, nude latex gown from Givenchy haute couture and more than 100 carats of Lorraine Schwartz jewelry. As it was expected, Twitter went abuzz over Beyoncé's bold look. Many people commented that Beyoncé was wearing "Becky's" skin, but who the heck knows? One thing that Vogue and I (and pretty much everyone else) can agree on is that Beyoncé definitely ruled the 2016 Met Gala red carpet.