6 New England Daycations To Plan This Summer | The Odyssey Online

6 New England Daycations To Plan This Summer

From mountains to beaches, we've got it all.

113

If you're from New England, you know summer is the best time of year. Okay, fall is pretty spectacular too, but as a college kid, you most likely have more free time during the summer. While every state in New England is beautiful on its own, it is nice to get out and explore the other states around you, especially when they are so easily accessible. Check out this list to find a daycation in every New England state.

1. Block Island, Rhode Island

Block Island is abundant with beaches and gorgeous sunset-viewing spots. Take a hi-speed or traditional ferry from Fall River, M.A. or Newport, R.I. for a day of kicking back, relaxing and drinking from pineapples. If you're feeling adventurous, you could go parasailing or even take a helicopter tour of the island. This is the perfect spot if you're craving that island vibe, but don't want to travel all the way to the Caribbean.

2. Provincetown, Massachusetts

Or, as the locals call it, P-Town. Provincetown is a lively city located on the tip of Cape Cod. Not only are there some of Cape Cod's most famous beaches in P-Town, but there are numerous other forms of entertainment to explore such as art museums, bars and clubs and whale watching. Known for its acceptance for the LGBTQ community, there is something to do for everyone in P-Town.

�3. Lincoln, New Hampshire

There are so many amazing places to visit in New Hampshire that it was hard to narrow it down to just one. However, no matter how many times I visit Lincoln, I never get tired of it. Nestled among the mountains, there is always something to do here if you have an adventurous spirit. Go hiking, check out Franconia Falls or go ziplining at Loon Mountain. One of my favorite things to do at Loon is just to take the ski lift to the top of the mountain and take in all of the breathtaking scenery.

4. Portland, Maine

The first time I visited Portland, I was amazed at how much there is to do. This city is bustling with great shopping, coffee shops and restaurants. Portland is right on the water, so you can enjoy a delicious Maine lobster roll while overlooking the incoming boats. Visit the Portland Museum of Art or check out a music festival in the Old Port.

5. Stowe, Vermont

While Vermont is definitely a popular destination for skiers and snowboarders in the winter, it is equally as fun in the summer as well. Stowe is one of Vermont's most charming cities, with plenty of activities to partake in. Kayaking, hiking, fishing and biking are all common summertime events here. Sit back and take in the beautiful mountain views during your visit in Stowe.

6. Mystic, Connecticut

Another beautiful New England city located on the seashore, Mystic is home to the famous Mystic Aquarium. However, if you're not into whales and dolphins, go for a stroll in historic downtown Mystic and grab an ice cream cone on the waterfront.

It is evident that New England is a great place to live during the summer. Home to some of the Nation's most beautiful beaches, mountains and great shopping, there is something to do for everyone here. With the convenience of being just a short road trip away, I hope you take in all that the New England states have to offer this summer.