6 Must-Haves From A Starbucks Barista, Fall 2017 Edition | The Odyssey Online

6 Must-Haves From A Starbucks Barista, Fall 2017 Edition

Fall time just got better.

1649
Flickr

As the air turns crisper and the leaves start to change colors, the fall season moves in to replace summer and bring many of our favorite things with it.

Quite possibly one of the most favorite things about fall is the updated Starbucks Coffee menu. Even more specifically, the return of the Pumpkin Spice Latte, an all time customer favorite. However, with the addition of the fall drinks to the menu, ordering a new drink can be quite scary. So, here are six "must haves" from a Starbucks barista.

1. Iced lightly sweetened chai with maple pecan

The chai tea latte from Starbucks is one of my favorite drinks to order, and when the lightly sweetened chai latte was released this summer, it opened up a door to a whole new realm of drink possibilities. In this drink, the lightly sweetened chai syrup pairs perfectly with the new maple pecan syrup. The maple pecan syrup won't be available until September 22nd, so be sure to try it out once it's available!

How to order: Iced lightly sweetened chai, no liquid cane syrup, half pumps lightly sweetened chai and half pumps maple pecan syrup (all sizes).

2. Iced quad espresso with pumpkin sauce and white mocha

This drink is a perfect pick-me-up for a warm fall day. The pumpkin spice and white mocha sauce blend together to give the espresso a creamy, fall-flavored twist. Plus, you won't have to worry about adding milk or cream because it's perfectly creamy already.

How to order: Iced quad espresso in a venti cup with two pumps pumpkin spice sauce and two pumps white mocha.

3. Caramel apple spice with chai

If you've ever had a caramel apple spice from Starbucks, you know just how sweet and heart warming that drink is. This recipe takes the drink to a completely different level. Using chai instead of cinnamon dolce makes it taste like a true apple cider that your grandma made on a cold fall day.

How to order: Caramel apple spice with no cinnamon dolce, sub chai.

4. Chai tea latte with pumpkin and mocha sauce

I know this list has chai all over it, but it seriously is the fall drink (other than the PSL, of course). This is a great option for a chilly morning walk, looking at the changing leaves, and spending time with friends.

How to order: Chai tea latte with half pumps chai, half pumps pumpkin spice, and one pump mocha.

5. Iced pumpkin spice latte with hazelnut

The classic pumpkin spice latte, a fan favorite for as long as anyone can remember. Plus, if you know anything about me, the hazelnut syrup is one of my favorite things at Starbucks. Combining hazelnut and pumpkin gives the drink the perfect amount of nuttiness.

How to order: Iced pumpkin spice latte with half pumps hazelnut.

6. White hot chocolate with maple pecan

Hot chocolate has always been like a hug in a cup for me. Adding the maple pecan syrup makes me think of cozying up under a blanket and watching a movie on a chilly fall day.

How to order: White hot chocolate with half pumps white mocha and half pumps maple pecan.
Pro tip: Order this as a white chocolate mocha with half pumps white mocha and half pumps maple pecan to get that extra caffeine kick!