50 Things That I'm Thankful For.

50 Things That I'm Thankful For.

Giving thanks to little things and the wonderful people in my life.

96
50 Things That I'm Thankful For.

With Thanksgiving around the corner, I thought this week I would reflect on the many things I am thankful for. My life is nothing but a blessing, and I am thankful for the ability to wake up every day and have the opportunity that I have. Thanksgiving gives us a chance to take a moment to really reflect on the years and realize how many invisible blessings we truly have. Please take a moment to find something to be thankful, spend time with your family, and let them know they are loved.

1. My Fiancé

Words can’t begin to describe how thankful I am for him. He has taught me so much. Even outside of teaching me how to drive and ride a bike. He has taught me how to trust and love someone whole-heartily. He has taught me that good men do exist and that I do deserve the best. He has taught me to not take things for granted and be working hard to complete your goals each day. He has been there for me through so many tough times. He has held me while I cried, and laughed with me when I make bad jokes. He is truly my best friend, and every day I’m with him I feel truly thankful that I was able to find my true love so young in life.

2. My Grammy

Where do I even begin? This women is the strongest women I know. She is full of knowledge and stories. She makes me smile on even on my hardest days. I know I can always run to her when I just need to relax mid-week. Coming over to her home is like coming to a place where responsibility’s don’t exist, it’s just hot tea and good conversation. She has been such an inspiration to me from her strong marriage she has built to her craft of quilting she has honed. Her stories are forever vibrating even with her fading memory; she still knows how to keep you captivated even through the most random story. She is old fashioned in nature but loves learning new things. Her temper is mild never getting mad over the little things. She has always been my best friend, and I am beyond grateful to have her so close to me.

3. My Parents

These lovely humans raised the wonderful human writing this article today. They have always supported me and loved me even during my hardest moments. They are the true definition of unconditional love. As a kid, I found it so hard to relate to them, but now going into my adult years it so fun to be able to chat and joke with them. I keep them hip, and they keep me humble. Moving back home and into their basement was one of the best decisions ever, not only because my mom is a great cook, but also it’s just nice to be home again feeling the love of my parents.

4. My Pap-Pap (AKA Grandpa)

A man of few words, but he works hard for what he wants and never backs down from a challenge. He is a true handy man when it comes to any handy work you could possibly need to be done. He has taught me the importance of knowledge in the little things and always gives his honest opinion on your work. As I grow old, I understand the importance of his handy work. He is so wise from all the years of work he has done. He takes wonderful care of my Grammy and always loves when I come over. I’m so thankful for his honest self for being in my life.

5. My Bumpa and Grandma

Although they live five hours away, the adventure to and from makes seeing them all more exciting. Having both sets of grandparents is rare, and I feel beyond grateful to have four grandparents in my life full of wisdom and strengthen. As I’ve grown older, I realize how important it is to ask my grandparents questions about their life, hearing their stories can give so much inside on how they grew up. My Bumpa is a lover of hand made, and even in his older age, he still hasn’t slowed down. He also takes wonderful care of my grandma as her memory fades, even when moments are frustrating he helps her through it the best he can. The best pancake maker I know, and the only people I know who love pulp in their orange juice. They are both a representation of a long happy marriage!

6. My Sister

Growing up, we were closer than ever, always sharing secrets and friends. Even though we live miles away now, we still take time to share every detail with each other. She was the one who taught me that it’s okay to be weird. The one who supported me through hard times, and always let me come to her events (even if my mom sometimes made her take me!). You’re the coolest environmental, artistic person I know! I wouldn’t want a better sister in my life, and I’m so thankful for that!

7. My brother and His Adorable Family

Although we never grew up together, the few times we got to hang out you were always so nice! Now that I’m older and I get to hang out with your two kids and wonderful wife, it even more awesome to get to know you as a person! Your two kids are the cutest kids ever, and always outgoing and fun to play with! You guys always welcome me into your home and make the best food! Thanks for being the best brother and having an adorable family!

8. My Future Mother and Father-in-Law

Where do I even begin? Before I met you guys, I never really saw how having so little could bring a family so close together. You guys have taught me that you don’t need material things to show love to your family and friends. You brought me into your home before you even fully knew me and accepted me as your own. Having you guys in my life have changed my outlook on life for the better. Thank you for being the sweetest more loving people ever, and for raising and wonderful and respectable son!

9. My Fiancé’s Brother and His Wife

Although we don’t get to see each other often because we live a few states away, the moments we get to spend together are always full of such rich conversations. You guys are the sweetest couple, and I can see the power of God flowing through your marriage. Both have you have given us so many tips on being married and asked us so many important question about marriage. Thank you for your support on our engagement and always being up for rich conversations about anything!

10.My Fiancé’s Sister

Thank you for always chatting with me during Sunday family dinners and relating on the fact that we both love makeup! You always find a way to make everyone laugh in any situation. You are such a strong women who has changed in such a wonderful way in the little time that I have known you! I love knowing that there is always a girl in the Sherwood family that I can talk about stacking eye lashes with! Thanks for being such a great sister to my fiancé and such an accepting person towards me!

11. My Best Friend

Hey Gerald/Becky/Fitzie… I’m laughing as I write this thinking about all the stupid crazy times we’ve had. You’re my favorite person to eat junk food with, to gossip with, to just have a lazy day with, and just all around hang out with. You are the sweetest person ever, we may get mad at each other a lot but then ten minutes later we go get ice cream! We are two crazy chicks who have seen each other at their best and worst! Even 300 miles away we still find ways to connect and keep each other in the know! My Pap-Pap once said the people you meet during this part of your life can become life time friends. I consider you a life time friend, no matter how annoyed we get with each other we still have so much love for each other. Thank you for all the wonderful adventures and being my best friend. Rivers in road till I reach you!

12. Food

If you know me personally at all, you know I love to cook, but I even more love to eat! I’m so thankful for having my belly full of food whenever I’m hungry. The saddening truth is some people don’t have this amazing privilege of always having food. Our hunger problem in America and around the world isn’t something to be ignored. If you are able to eat three meals a day, make sure you are extremely thankful for that privilege.

13. My Anxiety

Thank you anxiety for teaching me so much about this life. Without you, I wouldn’t be the strong women I am today. Battling you from a young age has taught me to fight for what I want, and not wanting you in my life and finding out the root of my anxiety has only made me realize how short life truly is. Although you come and go at times, I feel more powerful than ever knowing that I control you on the most day to day basis. Thank you for teaching me to live in the moment and just breathe.

14. Writing

Words on a page, sentences, commas, and so on and so on. I’ve written so many words by hand or by type. Writing is a way that I express my emotions. I think through life events. I breathe meaning into words as they mark the page. Thank you writing for always being that outlet I need when I feel so lost, sad, scared, happy etc.

15. My Mind

Hey mind, you are thinking about what to say right now and man I’m glad you work so well. Although my memory might not be so sharp, the things my mind register as I see is amazing. My mind has been the same mind since birth, just getting smarter and more complex each day. So little is known about the human mind and that fascinates me beyond belief! Thank you for always being a working entity within me and doing some amazing things!

16. Photography

Peering into life through the eye of camera lens, outcome in mind, click, click, and click goes the camera. Bringing people together through the love modeling and photography. Photography has always a creative outlet for me. Having a vision and seeing it come to life is a feeling of excitement I can’t explain. I’m so thankful for the opportunity to learn and practice something that brings me so much peace.

17. Mediation/Mindfulness

The quietness of the moment, feeling every bone in my body as the peace comes over me. Something that helps my anxiety to know end, a moment to reflect and remove myself from life. Thank you for always being that thing I can run to in times of anxiety and stress.

18. Clothing

Not only does it cover me, but it also gives me a way to express myself in public. Rainbow sweaters and bright red tutu’s have always been a staple for my teen self, and even now as an adult, I still find myself dressing in a more colorful way than most! I just love getting looks in public when I’m rocking a daring outfit. I feel so confident and beautiful in my most colorful looks! Thank you clothing and fashion for teaching me to stay weird and be bold even when society says not to be.

19. Air

Hey air, I know we try to pollute this planet which makes the air thick and nasty. But you have always been there for me, in those moments where I couldn’t breathe out of excitement or fear you always came back to me. I have felt you in all different kinds of moment. You fill my lungs even when I’m not aware. Without I would literary be dead so for that I am forever thankful!

20. My Body

Although I used to abuse you, you still let my soul and mind live within you. You get me through my worst days, and let me know when I need to slow down or speed up. You are perfect in all your curves and imperfections. You have formed yourself into the perfect full figure that looks great in almost anything I wear for that I am forever grateful! I promise I’ll stop eating taco bell soon!

21. My Glasses

Without you, I couldn’t see anything. You are another extension of my personality with your huge tortes shell frames with thick lenses! I feel like a true hipster when I wake up every morning and put you on! Thank you for not breaking all the times I have dropped you and for helping me see each and every day!

22. My Extended Family

Although we only see each other many once or twice a year, the moments I get to spend with you guys are always wonderful memories. All of you are sweet wonderful people who I wish didn’t live so far away so I could get to know you guys more! Thanks for always being so welcoming even after not seeing each other for months and months! You always make me feel at home!

23. My Cousin (aka Christopher aka Chris)

We only see each other literary every ten years, but since we started chatting on snapchat over the summer, I’ve gotten to know you and you’ve become such a cool kid! Honestly, you feel like my little brother we are always talking about our weird life events, and it’s crazy to me how little we know about each other’s lives! I hope I get to see you before the next ten years is up! Thanks for always making me laugh on snapchat and talking about super random stuff all the time!

24. Starbucks

Although I’ve only worked at my current Starbucks for maybe two months, I already feel like I’ve made so many friends! I’ve worked at three other Starbucks before, and I’ve never felt this welcomed before now! I personally love being a barista not only because you get to meet some really great customers, but also my fellow employees have always been so funny and sweet! Thank you Starbucks for always giving me a job through my college career and having some of the best espresso drinks!

25. All the Wonderful People I’ve Met Along My College Journey

Two colleges in two totally different cities, both full of wonderful people who I have become good friends of mine. First off, my friends from Spicer dorms in 2014: you guys are my world. Most of us still stay in contact today, and it’s always fun to laugh about the random things that happened! Second, all the random people that I see in classes every day or did see in classes everyday: some of you were in my labs and were the make or break for my grade, others shared notes with me when I over slept or just grabbed lunch after class when I didn’t want to sit alone. You people are all amazing, wonderful people who are full of kindness, and I am undoubted grateful for your permanent or temporary present in my life. Thank you!

26. My Past

I try my hardest not to dwell on you too much, but you have taught me so much, and I can’t thank you enough for all the amazing things and even the horrible things that happened. Each moment taught me a totally different lessons, and I’m so thankful for the life I have lived thus far!

27. Booger

The first homeless man I ever truly talked to, you’re outgoing spirit couldn’t be broken by a sad situation. You had so many friends within the city, meeting you as a young middle schooler changed my perspective on the homeless population forever. I will always have sympathy for the homeless population and do whatever I can to cure the issue of homelessness. Thank you for bringing such an important issue to my fore front, and I hope you are happy and healthy!

28. American Sign Language

As a college student who’s major requires a language, and as someone who struggles with learning languages. I was beyond nervous when it came time to learn one, I chose this language because I knew it was the closest things to English. Yet once I got into the language, I realized it isn’t like English at all. Sign is a unique language with so many wonderful people who speak it. I have been so bless to not only learn to use this language, but also to be able to talk to some of the most wonderful deaf/hard of hearing people. A facial expression and a hand gesture can mean so much in sign, and just the language in general is so amazing. Thank you ASL for teaching me that I can learn a language.

29. Art

As someone who considers themselves sub par at art, I still love to look at art and take in its beauty. I also enjoy taking a moment to just do my best attempt at art, it is calming to do and see. Colors, lines, shading, paint, clay, and so many other beautiful Medias to choose. Art has been that one thing that keeps me inspired and keeps me in love with life. Thank you art!

30. My Voice / Singing

From a young age, I have loved to do two things, talk and sing. Both have been such a huge blessing in my life. Talking is one way I am able to tell my story while singing is a way for me to get my emotions out, a challenge to better my voice. Thank you voice for always sound the way you sound and just being so special.

31. Spoons

The imperfect reflection you give off, the intricate details on your handles. Shiny without the suns rays beating down on the surface. Spoons have been that thing I have loved collecting for sometime now, not only are they a statement necklace, they are also what my engagement ring is made out of! Thank you for being as imperfect and unique as me!

32. Oprah

Now I know what you're thinking... Everyone loves Oprah! Yet this women has made such a positive influence on my life, the day I found the OWN channel and Super Soul Sunday my mind was forever wandering. With each week being a new speaker talking about their view points on life, it is truly a facinating show where Oprah shares her insite and leads the speaker through some eye opening questions. Thank you Oprah for being a humble and wonderful person!

33. Makeup

Unnecessary but deeply loved, you have allowed me to express myself through color and winged liner since day one! Thank goodness I'm still not doing my makeup the same way I did in high school! Every day I wear makeup is a moment to learn something new about it, from techniques to products. I love the process, and the out come! I feel beautiful either way but it's just fun to play with! Thank you makeup for being that expressive outlet I sometimes need!

34. Music

I can remember my first concerts, the bass made my legs feel like Jell-O, and I knew at that moment that I was hooked. Discovering new music is something that is a passion of mine, find obscure bands with unique sounds is just such a fun thing to do! The emotion music can bring to your soul can be so magically, along with its ability to remind you of certain memories! Thank you music for being loud and proud!

35. My Car

Although I may not be the best driver, I'm still beyond grateful to have a vehicle that runs and gets me to wherever I need to be! Thank you to my grandparents and parents for providing me such a wonderful Christmas gift! I'm forever thankful for my wonderful car, and the adventures it will take me on!

36. My Ex-Best Friends

Honestly, we fell apart for silly reasons and were probably just friends during the wrong times in our lives. All of you were such wonderful and funny people, and even if none of you ever read this, I just want to thank you for teaching me so much! Each of you were special and wonderful in your own way and taught me things during my different stages of life! I hope only the best for all of you! Thank you for being there for me during hard times and good times!

37. Traveling

I have been beyond blessed to have so many opportunities to travel in my short amount of life that I have lived! Weather it be family vacations, road trips with friends and significant others, or missions trips with my old church! I have so many beautiful memories and photos of all my traveling adventure I have taken! Thank you to the people who have traveled with me, and thank you for all the opportunities I have been given!

38. Perfumes / Smells

Everyone has a smell, everything has a smell. Moments can be defined by a scent. Every second of your day, you are bombarded with smells! Some perfumes bring me to tears to this day, while others put a smile on face. I have always been very aware of the perfumes I wear and what events I relate them too! I think its so awesome that events can revolve around a smell! Thanks smells for always being so interesting and memorable!

39. Modern Medicine

Even though I hate going to the doctors and would never aspire to be one, because ahh needles! Modern medicine has come so far compared to the days before I was born! Shout out to the flu shot for always keeping me healthy while I go through my germ invested days! Also allergy medicine is something I have personally relied on for so many years and has kept me from sniffling all day long! I can't wait to see what new medicines people can invent! Thanks to all the doctors and scientist who are so passionate about medicine and all of it's amazing qualities.

40. My Phone

I have a thin piece of metal and plastic that I rely on for my phone calls, texts, emails, photos, social media, videos, time, money, etc. It's truly amazing what this piece of technology can really do and the potential it has to hopefully improve the quality of my life! Thanks phone for entertaining me and giving me away to communicate to so many different people!

41. Lights

Hey Albert, you are the bomb dot com for creating such a useful thing! Who knew that we would still be using a similar product to the orginal light bulb created so many years ago! Lights have created so much opporunity for people to stay up later, see where they are going, etc. If you really think about it for too long its amazing all the places lights really are! Thanks Albert and lights for being so innovative and awesome!

42. My Blind Pen Pal in Grade School

Before I was assigned to write to you I have never even heard of anyone who was blind! You would always send me back letters in Braille and in English. I remember you were always so funny! I would always think about how exactly you wrote me letters as a young kid! Thank you for teaching me at a young age that being blind doesn't mean you can't be friends or that you are disabled. Being blind just means that you have something special about you and are more awesome than the rest of us! I hope you are doing well I haven't talked to you since 5th grade!

43. Bubble Gum

The challenge to see how many pieces I could chew at once! The extreme sugary burst of flavor, and then flat nothing that happens with each piece of gum! Blowing bubbles only to have them pop all over my face, and having to run to my grandma to use peanut butter to get the gum out of my hair and off my face! Thanks for always being that entertainment I needed during long car rides, or long summer days!

44. My Hair / Hair Dying

Sorry for putting you through so much bleach damage, but we looked super cool in the end! So I think it was some what worth it! Also thanks for hanging on even in those moments when you really just wanted to fall off my head! Dying my hair has been such a passion of mine, trying out different colors has always been an adventure! Thanks hair for holding strong!

45. Rain

Thank you for watering the plants I love and keeping me running through you! From light showers with beautiful rainbows, to full on wind storms mixed with ice cold rain! I love every form of you! Feeling you land onto my skin and wet my hair! I have never had a bad time when playing in the rain! Thanks for always keeping my life exciting and surprising me when I least expect it!

46. Trees

Standing tall for more years than I can even count on one hand! Staying sturdy during the harshest of weather! Trees you truly amaze me and inspire me to stay as strong as you! Your rings give me hope for my long life ahead of me! Your leaves ever changing with the seasons remind me that it's okay to change and to never be afraid. Thank you trees for being such a natural beauty!

47. The Ones Who Left Us Too Soon

Although my heart hurts every time I think about you, I appreciate your beautiful spirits that you left behind. Your passing reminded me of how short life truly is, and I truly believe that you are watching over me. I live my life everyday reminding myself to live life humbly and to the fullest because of you. Because I know that exactly how you would love to see me live! Thank you for leaving so many happy memories of you behind, you will be loved and remembered forever.

48. The Leaders Who Have Served Our Country

Whether a president, senator, a member of the military etc. All of you are strong, intelligent people who have done a great service to our country. Politics aside we must be thankful for each and everyone on of those people who put their thoughts, views, and life out there, center stage for all of us to judge. I don't know about you, but I could personally never do that! So no matter how you think politically, still be grateful for those people who put their life on the line or put themselves out their to serve this country! Thank you again!

49. Religion

Although my thoughts and opinions on you aren't concrete and are ever changing. You still have helped me find myself in some of my darkest moments and connected me with some wonderful people who I will cherish and remember for the rest of my life.

50. To Everything and Everyone

Thank you, thank you, thank you, whether I know you or not you are wonderful and amazing in your own light! Thank you things and people for making this world a better place! Without you this world wouldn't be what it is today! Thank you again!

Here are 50 things that I am thankful this year, to all the things/people I might have forgot thank you so damn much! 2016 has been an amazing year, and I can’t wait to ring in 2017. I’m just so blessed to have the life I have. I never take a single moment for granted. All of you are beautiful people who continue to inspire me and are the reason I write these long winded articles! Have a blessed holiday season, and a happy new year! More articles to come as we wrap up 2016, but I just wanted to give thanks to all of you who have read and supported my journey through writing! Forever blessed and thankful!