5 Web Series To Help You Survive The Wait For Broad City Season Three

These web shows are *lit'rally* amazing.

45
talkingpointsmemo.com

If you’re a fan of "Broad City," you’re probably suffering a little right now.

Or a lot.

When will it be back on? When?!

The wait is agonizing. In the meantime, though, here’s five excellent web series to help pass the time:

1. First, and most obvious: "Broad City."

Before there was "Broad City," the Comedy Central show, there was "Broad City," the Youtube channel. There’s a Season One, a Season Two, and more (including probably the best commercial ever made)! If you're craving more "Broad City," you should start here...with more "Broad City."

2.

2. Annie and a Side of Fries.

"Annie and a Side of Fries" follows Annie Leonard (played by "Broad City" co-star and co-creator, Abbi Jacobson), an 11-year-old girl whose parents have recently gotten divorced.

The series is a fictional video diary recounting the trials and tribulations of a little girl (who happens to be played by an adult woman) adjusting to living in a new place:

“Basically, it’s a community of condos, and it’s all built for divorced dads. There’s anything a divorced dad would ever want...I don’t know what you would want, other than maybe to be married still.”

It's wonderful and definitely worth checking out.

3. "

3. Chronic Gamer Girl."

Ilana Glazer, the other half of the "Broad City" duo, is responsible for this Youtube channel.

There’s a lot going on. Season One of "Chronic Gamer Girl" features Ms. Glazer playing video games, not taking them very seriously, having a great time, and being hilarious. It also features guests, such as ABBI JACOBSON. There are also "Summer Minisodes," a series of 11 (extremely short) videos, many of which are sketches, and some of which are just general antics. Season Two consists of a variety of unpredictable content (such as this gem), and once in a while Glazer plays a game.There are also a few "Mid-Season 2 Minisodes!" All of the playlists have great, funny content to offer. In conclusion, this channel is a treasure trove.

4. "Ackee and Saltfish."

"Ackee and Saltfish" captures the adventures of friends Olivia and Rachel, who give each other important advice, such as “don’t underestimate babies, alright? They’re quick, they’re sly, and they’re vindictive.”

This series is brilliant. If you love "Broad City" because of the charming sincerity of their onscreen friendship, you should check this out. If you love "Broad City" because you have an affinity for ridiculous antics, you should give this a try. If you happen to like stuff that is good, you should probably watch "Ackee and Saltfish."

5. "Just Between Us"

This wonderful series follows self-described “co-dependent besties” Gaby and Allison. Included in this description is the following:

“Tune in on Mondays for their weekly dating advice show. You will learn nothing.Tune in on Thursdays for an original sketch. You will also learn nothing.”

I respectfully disagree! I've gained a lot of useful information from "Just Between Us," such as:

While their advice is generally pretty silly and over the top, it can also be 100 percent correct:

So, fellow "Broad City" fans, take heart: Season Three of "Broad City" is on its way, and in the mean time, there is plenty of great stuff out there to watch while we wait.