5 Things That Will Change When You Are In College | The Odyssey Online

5 Things That Will Change When You Are In College

College: Where you skip class to study for another test.

10
Bri Leifker

College is a time in your life like no other. It is a time where you truly have complete control over your life. The first time you do not have to ask your professors to use the restroom and the first time you choose if you would rather sleep in than go to class.

College completely flips your life around. In a blink of an eye everything will be different.

1. You will probably change your major.

You may come to school to become a doctor and you may graduate with a communications degree. THAT IS OKAY. You may feel as if you would have a 'better' life as a doctor after you graduate from school, but finding your true passion is way more important because it helps you LOVE what you are doing for the rest of your life.

2. Your views will change.

You will come into college believing you know everything in the world and no one will be able to change your opinion on anything... Well, I am here to tell you, you are WRONG. You will meet people and experience things that you never even thought about happening. You will completely change your views on certain things in life.

3. You will lose touch with your High School friends.

In the beginning of college, you will maintain your friendship. You will become busy, you will see each other less, and you will not talk as much. That is okay, because they are just as busy and they have found their home at their school with their new friends.

4. You will have a new appreciation for your parents.

Remember when you would get so annoyed with your parents when you would tell them something funny and then they would lecture you about how you will not get through the real world if you do not change your thinking? Do you remember being really pissed off and thinking they just do not understand how the world works now? Yeah, me too. You will understand that your parents lectured you so you do make it through the real world. You will appreciate all the lectures you only have listened to because you knew 'that they were so wrong'.

5. Time goes faster than you ever imagined it would.

You will wonder where the time goes. You will remember waking up for your first 8 AM class of freshman year and you will wake up the next day and you will be a junior. College will go by so quickly and you will not know how you even made it to your junior year. You will not know how you were able to manage school, extra curricular activities, and jobs. You will learn to treasure every moment because it goes by so quickly.