5 Things I Love Most About Being In Love | The Odyssey Online

5 Things I Love Most About Being In Love

I love being in love.

168

I love being in love for countless and wonderful reasons. Just knowing that you've got someone to wake up to and say good night to is a great feeling. I have had the honor of being in a loving and deep relationship for three and a half years now. We started off as high school sweethearts and have continued on together to the greatest school in Virginia. (P.S. GO HOKIES!) Love is a crazy thing though. We worry about the other person more than ourselves and will drop everything in a heartbeat if they need something. Love lights a fire in our hearts that grows every time you see their eyes light up and smile. It gives us a reason to get out of bed in the morning (so does coffee), but knowing you get to see them is reason enough. I have compiled a list of the things that I have come to love the most about the four letter word.

1. You always have someone to listen to you vent about your day.

Who doesn't love having someone be there and ready to listen after you've had a bad day or to celebrate an accomplishment? Having a significant other who is a good listener as they are a talker is key to sharing a great love.

2. You have someone to share food with and drink coffee together.

Are you going to eat the rest of your fries? (Hopefully they say "You can have them, sweetie.") In a relationship, you get twice the amount of food; isn't that great! Also, nothing beats being able to share a fresh cup of coffee just after waking up with the love of your life.

3. You get to take adventures together and experience new things.

This is one of my favorite things about love: you get to explore new things and have those memories to look back to and remember were some of the best days that you have shared together.

4. You've got someone who can make you laugh and listen to your (not as funny as you think) jokes.

There is nothing better than having a significant other who can make you cry laughing. Humor is an important part in a relationship, and I love that I am able to make him laugh and smile.

5. Most importantly, you always have someone to be there when you need them the most, to lift you up when you're feeling down and to love you with all of their heart.

Being in love is the greatest feeling in the world. You give yourself entirely to the other person and hope that they treasure and appreciate you. You consider their feelings more than your own and would do absolutely anything for your love.