5 Reasons Why Nashville Can Still Win The Stanley Cup

"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." – Jack Dempsey

16

The Stanley Cup so far has not been in favor of the Nashville Predators. Facing off against the Pittsburgh Penguins, a team with many superpowers such as Sidney Crosby, they are at a huge disadvantage. Despite their team's great chemistry and supportive fan base, this series appears as though Pittsburgh might be bringing out the brooms for a 4-0 sweep.

Though Nashville is down on the count, it isn't impossible for a comeback to win the Stanley Cup.

1. Falcons vs. Patriots, 2017 Super Bowl

Every fan of the Atlanta Falcons, like myself, never wants to hear of this horrible game again. However, Tom Brady's miraculous comeback made Superbowl LI one of the most exciting games in sports history. With a 25 point deficit separating the Falcons and Patriots, it seemed as if Atlanta was going to win its first ever Super Bowl. Unfortunately, Belichick and the Patriots had plans of taking home their fifth title. The Patriots would eventually come back and even the score at 28. Forcing overtime play, New England won possession on the coin toss and drove the length of the field to score and win the game 34-28.

2. United States vs. Soviet Union, "Miracle on Ice"

Going into the 1980 Winter Olympics hockey game between the United States and the Soviet Union, no one would have thought that the Soviet Union would lose their spot as defending gold medalists. However that year in Lake Placid, New York, the United States hockey team was able to overcome the odds and defeat the Soviets 4-3. They would then go on to win the gold medal by beating Finland in the finals.

3. United States vs. Algeria, 2010 World Cup

Compared to many other countries in the world, soccer is not the national sport of the United States. In many foreign nations, the citizens live, breath and sleep soccer. For this reason, it has always been tough for Team USA to advance very far in the world cup because so many other nations prioritize this sport over many others. Amazingly, Team USA was able to defeat Algeria, a nation that adores soccer, by one goal that was scored by Landon Donovan. Though the score throughout the game remained at zero, this win was a comeback from the team's previous failures in the World Cup.

4. Red Sox vs. Yankees, 2004 ALCS

In an improbable comeback led by David Ortiz, the 2004 Boston Red Sox overcame a 0-3 series deficit to defeat the New York Yankees and move on to the World Series. The Red Sox with this series win became the first and only team in MLB history to come back from a deficit this large. Before Game 7, the team gathered in Yankee Stadium's visitor clubhouse where they watched the movie "Miracle" as inspiration for their miraculous comeback.

5. Utah Jazz vs. Denver Nuggets

November 27, 1996 goes down as the day for the greatest comeback in NBA history. Down by 36 points in the third quarter, the Jazz were able to get themselves together with the help of Karl Malone and Jeff Hornacek. Malone was able to get 31 points that night while Hornacek, the sharpshooter, contributed 27 points. The Jazz outscored the Nuggets 36-15 in the Third Quarter and 35-18 in the Fourth resulting in a 107-103 victory.