5 Reasons Why Blunt People Are The Best

5 Reasons Why Blunt People Are The Best

We'll always tell you when you're being a hot mess.

3350
5 Reasons Why Blunt People Are The Best

Anytime my friends come to me for advice, they know that I will always be the person to tell them how it is. I will always be someone to tell the truth - even if it isn't what you want to hear. My unwavering honesty is referred to as being 'blunt'. I'm not afraid to say how I feel about anything to anyone. I stand by my opinions and my beliefs, and I will always express that openly.

However, my bluntness can sometimes be twisted as being rude or inconsiderate.

I've been called every vulgar name under the sun since I started coming out of my shell in high school. Not everyone can handle the truth, which is what I always deliver. That doesn't sit well with everyone - which I completely understand - but that doesn't mean I'm ever going to sugar-coat anything or change for anyone.

As I've come to realize over the years, me being blunt has been a blessing. The following are reasons why being blunt is a great thing, regardless of what others have to say about you.

1. Very rarely do people have to ask us how we feel - they already know the answer.

This is one of my favorite things about being blunt. If I'm angry - everyone knows. If I'm sad (which is actually pretty rare) - you can tell. And while I do have a serious case of RBF (Resting Bitch Face), it's usually pretty easy to tell if I'm in a good mood. I'm an open book. While this is a blessing, it also can be tough when it comes to relationships, as I'm never really able to conceal how I feel. I'm either all-in or uninterested - and they can always tell.

2. Blunt people give the most honest advice.

The people who know me well understand that regardless of what that advice is - I will never lie to you. If you look bad in that shirt, I'll tell you not to wear it. If your boyfriend is being ridiculous, I'll tell you. If you're questioning what to do with your life, I'm never afraid to tell you that you're a hot mess and need to get it together. You never have to worry about me telling you anything other than the truth.

3. We will love you unconditionally.

As I mentioned earlier, I'm the type of person who is either all-in or uninterested. I've always been loyal and caring. My bluntness allows me to communicate better than those who aren't as blunt - and my significant other never has to question why I'm feeling a certain way, as I've likely already told them. I wear my heart on my sleeve and will always do my best to make the relationship work.

4. We don't put up with any BS.

While I do wear my heart on my sleeve and can be a very caring person, I will not deal with any BS, ever. If you do something to lose my trust, I might give you another chance, but I also will likely just tell you to get out of my life. If I don't like you, you'll know. Far too often, people get taken advantage of. I refuse to be someone who stays in a situation where I know that the same things will continue to happen - regardless of if that situation is a friendship or a long-term relationship.

5. Blunt people make the best friends.

Everyone needs someone in their life that will help burn all their ex's gifts or drive to their house to tell them that they're making the biggest mistake of their life. I'm not afraid to call it how it is. I have fun, but will also have your back through thick and thin. I'm very protective over the people close to me, and will do anything to help if you need it. I'll always be your shoulder to cry on - even if in the meantime I'm having a very heated conversation with whoever it was that made you cry.

Being blunt has always been such a blessing, and I wouldn't want to be any other way. I don't care what people have to say about it, because it's who I am. Call me anything you like, but chances are I don't care - which you would already know. I'm going to live my life the way I want and say what I feel when I feel it - life is too short to be anything other than honest.