5 Reasons Why I'll Miss My Sorority Sisters During Break

Going home for the holidays is cool and all, but who will I hang out with for a month?

8
Haley Charbonneau

Having sorority sisters means that you have 60 or more friends to hang out with whenever you have free time. Whether you need a lunch date or just someone to sit in the library with, you will most definitely have a friend there with you. But, when winter break rolls around, that means that it is time for everyone to go home to their families for the holidays. That's cool and all, but who are you supposed to hang out with? There are countless reasons why I will miss my sisters, but here are five of them.

1. Weekly Meetings

Although there is usually some sort of event every week where you know you'll see sisters, weekly meetings are the only time that you know you will get to see all of your sisters in one place at one time, even if it's just for an hour or two.

2. Weekly Ice Cream and Slurpee Dates

Having 60 or more sorority sisters means that it is extremely easy to find someone to get your weekly ice cream or Slurpee fix with. When all of your sisters go home for a month, that limits the people you have who are down to make a trip with you at any hour of the day and that is just rough.

3. IHOP Adventures

If you are looking for someone who is down for some IHOP, you can bet that there is always at least five to ten sisters who are ready to go the second you ask them to. IHOP is an important andessential part of life and it is great to have people to share that with.

4. Study Dates

Although we all know we have been dying for the semester to be done, not being able to have a study date with a sister may actually make you miss having classes for a month.

5. You can't have your best friends with you at all times

Your sisters become your family and your home away from home. Having to leave them for a month means that they aren't just a short walk or drive away anymore, and it may feel like the longest month ever. But, when you come back from break and you have tons to catch up on, it will have made that whole month worth it.

Sorority sisters become what keeps you sane when school is making you crazy and they become the people who you always want adventures with. If putting up with everything college throws at you is what you have to take to have your sisters, then it is totally worth it.