5 Reasons Why You Should Love Your Work Family

For years you think the only people that have had your back are family and friends made early in life.

324
The Riverfill 10 Facebook

Starting employment is never easy. You feel awkward, and you have no idea what you are doing. Straight off you notice everyone already has a group they belong to. You feel out of place and put your shy pants on. Little do you know you are about to embark on a journey to becoming a family.

1. New friendships!

You never realize what a work family does for you. Getting to know them all is the first step to loving your work family. Just like any other love, you have to first become familiar with it. You meet a variety of people, who become close quickly. You learn the history to the person and really get know what molded them into the human being they have become. More often than not, you figure out you have similar interests and relate to them better than your other friends. You make bonds that last a lifetime. Even the past employees never really leave you. It becomes more like a long distance relationship. You text or call more often than you and your family.

2. They become an escape!

Being close with coworkers can also help ease the pain of your everyday life. While at work the only thing you have to focus on is the job. You aren’t constantly worried about who you need to pay on the 15th, you don’t care about the he said, she said stuff from your cousin. Your work family can make you forget about those stupid things for a few hours. They always try to make you laugh, or lift you up to make you happy again. One team who takes care of each other.

3. Getting together is a blast!

Another reason to love your work family, is the fact that they know how to have a good time. The best thing about being with your coworkers off the clock, is to have a good time and relax. When outside of work, you are just friends. You aren’t just coworkers, you are people who enjoy each other's company. You enjoy building each other up. You enjoy having a good time with good people.

4. Adventures!

By getting close to your coworkers, you form a a bond. Sometimes that bond can take you places. Traveling with your work family is a feeling best learned from experience. Sometimes you end up at concerts; sometimes you end up at a cabin in Tennessee. Those are memories that will never go away. Those are stories that get banked for your children.

5. They make work worth while!

A lot of people dread going to work. Most of those people are the reason for this article. I don't dread it at all. Hitting those doors isn't a chore. You need to enjoy those who have the same grind as you. Those people will always know what you're going through during a shift. Those are the people who fully understand how hard you work. Those are the ones to lean on.

Many things in life are worth the ride, and somethings make the ride more enjoyable. Appreciate those people you see five out of seven days a week. They enjoy seeing your face. Love those who stand beside you when you aren't able to stand with yourself.

Love your work family as much as you can. Those are the people who know the real you. They know what your heart does. Celebrate life and the things you do with it.