5 Places That May Ease Post Inaugural Pains

35
Movoto

For the love of - God, Country and Good drinks;

If recent events have you feeling ‘down and out’, fret not, there are some seriously awesome places in the Greater Cincinnati area that you should check out to take your mind off whatever is troubling you in these new and slightly off-putting times.

Mecca- OTR

This place is great. If you’re looking for chill vibes and good times, add this one to your list. The design is minimalist in nature, a real artists' haven. I went on a Thursday, it wasn’t packed- my friend and I had great conversation with the bartender, got to take shots of absinth (they serve it chilled and lightly sweetened—so good). If you weren’t already intrigued, beyond the bathrooms this bar happens to be attached to a vintage store! If you like to drink and shop at the same time, in cool vibes, check this new spot out! The entrance is actually on 15th street (Siri will try to convince you it’s on Walnut).

Che- OTR

Do you like empanadas? Yeah. I thought so. This bar has a badass Argentinian inspired menu and, if you’re like me and constantly wanting food while drinking, this place is the perfect oasis. It doesn’t get insanely slammed, you can normally find a decent spot, even on the weekends (this is next to impossible most everywhere else). The front-end caters more to customers on the go whereas the back-end, where the bar is located, is comfortable for an extended stay. This place is the perfect last stop after a night of barhopping!

The Mockbee

Are you feeling grunge? Do you like to have space to dance, be weird and listen to sick live performances and DJs? The Mockbee is a DIY space with a full bar and varying entertainment. Keep your eye on this one, there will be some rad changes coming and the Uber ride from campus won’t cost you more than $5- bring friends and turn up.

The Skeleton Root- OTR (winery)

By the glass or by the bottle, have your next ladies’ night nightcap here. The ambiance is awesome, think urban loft meets locally sourced wine and the space is also available for events and company parties etc. Cincinnati boasts many local breweries, if the wine lover in you is feeling adventurous, take some friends and experience this local gem! Glasses start at $7— right down the street from Findlay Market, this winery is the real deal, check it out!

The Video Archive- Walnut Hills

Tarantino fan? You are literally obligated to visit this speak-easy style bar. $5 alcohol-laden milkshakes, I had the chocolate. The main entrance is the allure of this place, and it's as fun as I’m sure all your friends and coworkers have told you it is. There’s a patio out back, and during the summer there will be movie nights by the fire-pit! This place is a great addition to Walnut Hills and an awesome stop to bring out-of-towners and visiting family members!

There are so many great places to check out around Cincinnati, but these are my top 5 right now. Check them out! Check in on yelp and above all- enjoy yourself, despite all the 'crap' that has been happening in the country and the world.