My 5 Favorite Places At Carroll University | The Odyssey Online

My 5 Favorite Places At Carroll University

Let's break down 5 of our favorite places on campus.

70
World Study

After going to Carroll University for two years now, I have a sense of where the places to go are at. Now I am not talking going downtown or into the city. I mean on campus property. Some of these places you will probably agree with me, and some you may not. Let us take a look at my five favorite places at Carroll University!

1. Ganfield Gymnasium

Ganfield Gymnasium is hands down one of my favorite place on campus. Ganfield is a place where I can let off some steam, work out, and people watch all at the same time. I love that Ganfield is right in the center of campus, located around classes and different food areas. The walk to Ganfield is the same walk you are going to take to your classes, so why not go workout?

2. Second Cup

The smell of coffee. Campus' cute little Canadian coffee shop known for its Iced Caramel Corretto. Second Cup is a must stop during your day to freshen up on caffeine or grab a quick bite to eat with one of the pre-made fruit bowls or wraps. We all go here to get some time away from our room to get some studying in or meet with groups to finish up projects.

3. Learning Commons

The LC is the place to be. If you are studying with a group of friends, or working on a project you will most likely be down in the LC. All the table space you could imagine to spread out your notes. It is the one place on campus that does not have any noise complaints and stays open till midnight. Hours and hours will be spent down there socializing and studying.

4. Au Bon Pain

Au Bon Pain, commonly referred to as ABP by us Carroll students is one of our favorite places on campus to eat. Most of the items on the menu are very healthy, especially the create your own salad option. There are tons of great drinks to pick up there on our way to class or treats to spoil our sweet tooth with. A nice warm sandwich or a cup of soup will make anyone's day. Everyone always seems to go at the same time, and that makes your trip to ABP very long. When you time it out right, ABP will be the best part of your day.

5. The Quad

This place is sometimes overlooked. It is the area in between Main, Rankin, Lowry and Ganfield that has numerous trees to tie hammocks to and areas to play frisbee in. During the warmer days you will find students out playing different sports, relaxing reading a book, or playing music.

Whether you agree with these places as your top five or not, they all are apart of making our time at Carroll University memorable. The years go by fast so hold on to what you have now before it slips away.