5 Things Baseball Fans Are Looking Forward To For The Upcoming MLB Season | The Odyssey Online

5 Things Baseball Fans Are Looking Forward To For The Upcoming MLB Season

The 2016 MLB season is almost here, take a look at 5 things baseball fans are looking forward to for the season

120
flickr

As we approach the final weeks of Spring Training it can only mean one thing. Baseball will officially be back! The MLB is set to start their regular season a bit different this year. Unlike in years past, Opening Night will consist of three games to open up the season instead of just one, which is something baseball fans are excited about. However this is not the only thing that has baseball fans excited, so let’s take a look at 5 things baseball fans are looking forward to seeing this upcoming season.

1. Will the Royals repeat as World Series Champions this year?

Coming off of a loss in the World Series in the 2014 season, The Kansas City Royals proved in the 2015 season that they were not just a team who got hot down the stretch. They showed everyone that they were a force to be reckoned with, by winning the World Series last year. The once “Cinderella” team is now coming into the 2016 season as the defending World Series Champions and has the rest of the baseball world asking, “Will they do it again?”

2. How will the Mets bounce back from their World Series loss?

The New York Mets surprised everyone last year as they got hot down the regular season stretch and carried that into the post season, making it all the way to the World Series. Although they did lose to the Royals in 5 games, baseball fans are looking forward to seeing if last year was a fluke or are the Mets for real.

3. Is it finally the Cubs year?

It seems that every year, Chicago Cub fans, proclaim that this is the year the curse ends and their beloved Cubbies will finally win the championship and end the 108 year World Series drought. But this year unlike others might actually be the year they do it. The Cubs got swept in the NLCS by the New York Mets, however due to their young and talented team. Vegas, has the Chicago Cubs as the favorites to win the World Series this year with 4/1 odds.

4. Big Papi's retirement tour

David Ortiz confirmed on the Player Tribune website that he will officially be hanging it up this season. Ortiz, 40, has had a storied 20 year career, hitting over 500 homeruns and winning three World Series Championships. However, clutch hitting and awards aside, Ortiz grandest moment on the field occurred not when the game was going on but before it had started. During a special pregame ceremony to honor victims and police from the Boston Marathon attacks, Ortiz ended his heartfelt speech by saying, “This is our fu**ing city”.That moment will never be forgotten and shows that Ortiz was not just a great baseball player but a great human being too.

5. Is this the year for your team?

We are all victims to it. Every year we get our hopes and being to think this maybe is our year. The start of the MLB season solidifies a new beginning. So of course as a fan, you have all right to think your team will win the World Series and as I say that, I will say this, Lets Go Yankees!!!