444th D'Yanoi | The Odyssey Online

444th D'Yanoi

Training Exercise Report

52
444th D'Yanoi
thisisnotatrueending

--OPENING UPLINK TO DATABASE - AUTHORIZATION CODE: ****** --
--AUTHORIZATION CODE ACCEPTED. ACCESS GRANTED.--
--WELCOME COMMANDER--

Due to the recent construction of a StormSurge mobile weapon platform battlesuit the 444th D'Yanoi Cadre has requested a training exercise against the fellow Tau force of --REDACTED-- . The following is a synopsis of the exercise. Be aware that no real weapons were discharged in this exercise, but rather every weapon discharge was simulated by computer and injuries decided through those simulations. Any mention of weapon discharge in this report is to be understood as simulated.

444th D'Yanoi forces:

Formation: Hunter Cadre

Cadre Leadership:

Commander -REDACTED- armed with a Coldstar flying Crisis Battlesuit.

Troop Support:

- x3 Breacher teams with 6 Firewarriors per unit. All armed with EMP grenades, and each unit equipped with a guardian drone for defense, and loaded into a Devilfish transport craft for swift movement across the battlefield.

- A unit of Kroot Carnivores containing 20 Kroot warriors, 6 kroot hounds, and 2 krootox riders. All kroot warriors have optional sniper rounds for their rifles. This unit's purpose is to outflank and overwhelm a weak flank of the opponent.

Elite Support:

- A team of 4 Crisis Suits each armed with a pair of fusion blasters.

- Shas'Vre Kor'Ta'Nan in a Ghostkeel Stealth Suit with Cyclic Ion Raker.

Heavy Support:

- A team of 3 Broadside battlesuits armed with heavy rail rifle and smart missile systems.

- A Hammerhead Gunship armed with Railgun and smart missiles.

Fast Supprt

- 3 teams of Pathfinders with 5 Pathfinders per team.

Other:

- Stormsurge

--REDACTED-- forces:

--REDACTED--

Exercise Summary:

Opponent's forces gained the initiative with their Stormsurge and fired all 4 destroyer missiles with markerlight guidance at the 444th's Stormsurge. Missiles hit home, destroying the Stormsurge. Opponent's stormsurge then followed up with a missile barrage upon 444th pathfinder unit, sending them into retreat upon heavy losses. Opponent's stormsurge finished with a fearsome plasmic pulse blast decimating the drones protecting the 444th's unit of Broadsides. Opponent's 3 Hammerheads fired upon 444th's individual hammerhead gunship, exploding it. Opponent advanced Piranha crafts toward 444th.

444th retaliated with their Ghostkeel wrecking two of opponent's pirhana's. Devilfish transports advanced and dropped off their loads of Breacher teams. Two of those teams weakened opponent's team of stealth suits and wrecked another one of the opponent's Piranhas. No other damage of note.

Opponent responded with a barrage of pulse fire upon from Firewarrior teams upon the Breacher teams of the 444th. There were no survivors. Opponent stormsurge, having now placed it's stabilizing anchors down, unleashed an even larger assault than it had previously. Decimating two of the units of pathfinders and weakening the unit of broadsides. Opponent's hammerheads missed all their shots upon one of the devilfish transports. Opponent's broadside suits defeated the ghostkeel stealthsuit.

444th made a desperate attempt to cripple one of the two main stronghouses of the opponent's forces by air dropping the commander and accompanying unit of crisis suits behind the opponents hammerheads. The hammerheads were able to react fast enough so as to only lose one of the three to the fusion blaster attacks. The 444th's Kroot squad finally emerged from hiding to shoot an overwhelming volley of shots at opponent's Firewarrior team. However few shots struck the team, and even fewer made it through armor, resulting in minimal damage. The devilfish transports then attempted, in vain, to put a dent into the opponent's Firewarriors with pulse blaster and pulse carbine firepower. Remaining broadsides took aim against opponents commander and crisis suit team that had been airdropped nearby them. This attack resulted in effective damage, but the commander remained alive.

-- TRAINING EXERCISE SYNOPSIS COMPLETE--

--UPLINK CLOSED--