41 Words To Make Yourself Sound Smarter | The Odyssey Online

41 Words To Make Yourself Sound Smarter

SPECTACULAR VERNACULAR

19
41 Words To Make Yourself Sound Smarter
lnkd

Have you ever wanted to be supremely loquacious? Are you now looking up what loquacious means? Here are words and sayings that get past all the jiggery-pokery of the english language, sure to discombobulate all of your friends and add to the verisimilitude of your intelligence.

1. Accoutrements

accessories

2. Alas

expression of greif, pity, or concern

3. Anomalistic

related to an anomaly

4. Assiduous

showing great care and perseverance

5. Asservate

to affirm or declare positively

6. Aspiration

a hope or ambition of achieving something

7. Auspicious

conducive to success; favorable

8. Atrocious

horrifyingly wicked

9. Baffling

impossible to understand; perplexing

10. Bellwether

a leader, first in class, and ahead of the rest

11. Cupidity

eager or excessive desire; greed

12. Cynosure

an object at the focal point of attention

13. Dispondent

low spirits from loss of hope or courage

14. Demiurgic

innovative

15. Desultory

ccurring randomly or occasionally; lacking a plan or purpose

16. Ebullient

cheerful and full of energy

17. Ergo

therefore

18. Equanimity

mental calmness, composure, and evenness of temper, especially in a difficult situation

19. Excogitate

think out, plan, or devise

20. Forsooth

indeed

21. Garrison

fortified strong hold; home

22. Gasconading

extravagant, boastful

23. Gobs

a lot

24. Transcendent

surpassing the ordinary; exceptional

25. Incogitable

crazy, wack

26. Idiosyncratic

peculiar or individual

27. Incorrigible

not able to be corrected, improved, or reformed

28. Indubitable

unbelievable

29. Jocular

fond of or characterized by joking; humorous or playful

30. Lateritous

brick-red

31. Loathe

hate

32. Luminescent

lighted up or illuminated

33. Lummox

a clumsy, stupid person

34. Magnanimous

very generous or forgiving, especially toward a rival or someone less powerful than oneself

35. Opined

hold and state as one's opinion

36. Paragon

a person or thing regarded as a perfect example of a particular quality; model of excellence

37. Parsimonious

unwilling to spend money or use resources; stingy or frugal; penny-pinch

38. Perfidiousnesser

deliberately faithless; treacherous; deceitful

39. Piquant

having a pleasantly sharp taste or appetizing flavor

40. Saxicolous

living under a rock

41. Unencumbered

not having any burden or impediment

You are welcome English teachers everywhere, for turning your students into sesquipedalian people.