25 Things You Learn By The End Of Your Sophomore Year | The Odyssey Online

25 Things You Learn By The End Of Your Sophomore Year

Is it really halfway over already?

13
Bri Leifker

I am ending my sophomore year of college, and I have learned a lot. I thought that it would be the same as my freshman year, but it was not.

1. You learn to accept that you will not have the same thrills as you did your freshman year.

2. Your roommates will teach you how to live on your own more than anyone else will.

3. You may not be as involved as you were freshman year, but that is OK.

4. It is OK to stay in on the weekends when it is necessary.

5. Your friend circle becomes smaller, but that is only because your friends are closer.

6. It's OK to change your major to achieve happiness.

7. Classes do become more challenging, and you will have to try harder to succeed.

8. You still do not know how to cook like your parents, but you are confident enough in your cooking to know you are not eating raw chicken.

9. You'll learn to appreciate the small things that people do for you.

10. Your tiny apartment will begin to feel more like home than home does.

11. You will have a new appreciation for your family.

12. You will find your family at school.

13. You will find that you are faced with new challenges, but you will be able to conquer them.

14. Boys still suck.

They did not make a huge transformation from freshman to sophomore year. They still are just as complicated.

15. You will accept that life doesn't always work out the way you want it to.

It may seem terrible at first, but you will soon love it.

16. You will find yourself.

You may love exactly who you are. You may hate exactly who you are, but you will fall deeply in love with yourself.

17. You will hit a point where you realize that it is not like freshman year and you will be devastated.

You will overcome it and realize that it's not that big of a tragedy.

18. People will come and go in your life.

You cannot dwell on those people because they were there for a reason. Focus on the relationships that do not leave.

19. Partying will not be your biggest concern.

You will still go out, and you will still be wild. You will, however, know when it is time to stay in.

20. You meet someone that will change your life.

21. You will find true happiness when you get your sorority little.

22. You will hit the sophomore slump, and it will take everything in you to stay involved.

Keep pushing because you will be happier.

23. You find different ways to be happy.

Your happiness will come from simpler things like sleep, a good home-cooked meal or just laying in your roommate's bed talking about the things on your mind.

24. You freak out when you realize you are halfway through with college.

25. You learn to do things for yourself because they only affect you.

Sophomore year is way different from freshman year. You are still young, and you are still wild. You do, however, know when its time to say no to the parties, and yes to staying in. You've become smarter due to hours upon hours of class, and hours upon hours of heart to heart conversations with your amazing friends. Here's to junior year!