25 Signs You Have Bad Texting Syndrome | The Odyssey Online

25 Signs You Have Bad Texting Syndrome

Warning: Not factual, just personal experiences.

6873
25 Signs You Have Bad Texting Syndrome

This is for my friends that "virtually" yell at me for being the worst person to text. I am admitting that I have a problem with BTS(Bad Texting Syndrome). If there was a texting etiquette class then I would need to take it...Or my friends would make me. If you have the following experiences then you too may have BTS:

1. You are completely unreliable at night when texting. You will be up at 11:30 p.m. and asleep by 11:31 p.m.

2. When people say, "Text me when you make it home", you will forget which causes them to frantically try to get ahold of you.

3. Which leads to your closest friends and family making you, "share your location indefinitely" so they can track where you are rather than rely on you to tell them.

4. You "mentally reply" to texts then walk away.

5. When you remember that text message again, then you answer three hours later when the conversation is longover.

6. There is no such thing as one long message. You send 100 text messages before the person can answer.

7. There is no in between when it comes to your texting. You either send novels or not at all.

8. When you go on a texting rampage of 100 texts, you talk about several different topics. You write as it comes to your mind. I actually had a friend that said he won't immediately answer me because he knows I have fifty more messages to send.

9. You are guilty of saying, "text me!' but never answer.

10. If you say, "I'll text you later," no one believes you.

11. If you forget to text someone back and it has been at least a day then you just delete the message like it never happened. There is no evidence, right?

12. When you text back in a timely manner you feel it should be acknowledged and thanked.

13. The only people that get steady responses are people you really want to talk to.

14. You have come up with the most ridiculous reasons why you did not text back. "I broke my finger the other day" or "I got a new phone yesterday, sorry".

15. You get called out on being a terrible texter every couple days,

16. Auto correct does not help how jumbled up your messages are. It's like having your own language and only people close to your understand what you are trying to say. It will look something like:

17. You prefer talking on the phone over texting.

18. You don't always use "lol" or an emoji so people don't pick up on your sarcasm.

19. Your inbox always has at least one unread message.

20. Group chats are the worst considering by the time you read everything the conversation has changed three other times.

21. Only being good at texting when it is two in the morning or trying to make plans.

22. Your friends swears your texting gets significantly worse when they need to talk you.

23. There are grandparents out there that are better texters than you.

24. You could probably win an award for being so bad at texting.

25. You ask your friend why you are bad at texting then forget to reply for three hours...

With that said, it is normal to have BTS(Bad texting Syndrome). You just have to accept and embrace it!