25 More Offensive Things Than The Starbucks Red Cup

A definitive list of the things that you should actually be alarmed about instead of a solid red cup.

16

There are many things in this world that can offend or bother you. The Starbucks cup not having a design on it is not one of them. Here are 25 things that are more legitimately offensive than a plain red paper cup:

1. Starbucks misspelling your name

It happens so often that it has become a part of life. Like the sun rising each morning, you know without a doubt that every time you enter a Starbucks the barista will spell your name wrong. You pretend you don't care, but you do.

2. Donald Trump's presidential campaign

This used to be funny, but now it is just concerning. How long is Donald Trump going to parade around the United States pretending that he could actually run the country? You're wasting all of our time, Donald. Give it up already.

3. Student debt

Could there be anything more irritating than applying to college knowing that you'll be in debt four years later? Seriously, no. According to an article in the Huffington Post, 60 percent of students take out loans while in college and 10 percent of the students have over $50,000 of debt after graduation. For real, why is that a thing?

4. Pandora/Spotify commercials

Things I want to do when I put on Pandora or Spotify: listen to music. Things that I don't want to do: listen to not-funny seamless commercials or yet another commercial on Spotify for Spotify. Every time the commercial comes on, I seriously consider paying money to avoid listening to them ever again.

5. 8 A.M. classes

Why are these still a thing? Seriously, every time scheduling rolls around these classes are definitely the last to go. Who can focus at eight in the morning? I think you would need to go to bed at 10 the night before to even consider being able to wake up.

6. People with excessively long snapchat stories

There is nothing exciting enough that you need to post over 100 second snapchat stories. Nobody wants to see that much of anyone else's life. Worse now, you don't know if they are 100 seconds long because the new snapchat update removed that option.

7. When your wifi decides not to work

When I want to be watching Netflix, I don't want to be watching the page load for 20 minutes. It would be a better world if wifi was available everywhere and always worked. Unfortunately, that isn't the case.

8. People who still don't think leggings count as pants

Your opinion is irrelevant if you don't think leggings are proper everyday attire. Seriously, you don't need people in your life if they tell you your leggings aren't real pants.

9. One Direction making an album without Zayn

Not that the album isn't good, it just isn't the same. How could One Direction go ahead with another album without Zayn? It isn't right. It doesn't feel the same. Can it not happen?

10. Running out of data on your cell phone plan

When that 90 percent data usage message appears, you know things are going to be rough, especially if you still have half a month left until your data rolls over. That's just inconvenient and unnecessary.

11. Ben Carson's pyramid theory

Ben Carson is another presidential candidate that's questionable more often than not. His latest announcement is that the pyramids were designed to store grain, not the dead in Ancient Egypt. I'm not sure where he got it from or why no one edits his speeches truthfully.

12. The Kardashians

Kim has decided to release a new copy of her selfie book for the holidays. This new copy will include some festive selfies featuring the Queen of Narcissism. Clearly, there are no more important things to read than yet another Kardashian book. Also out in stores now: Khloe's book about, well to be honest I'm not really sure but I'm guessing herself.

13. Clip-on man buns

Why do these exist? Do people use them? Man buns are not a trend that needs to survive 2015. Clip-on man buns are a trend that shouldn't survive this week. They don't even look real, people.

14. Ashton Irwin calling Taylor Swift destructive

I had to look up who Ashton Irwin was because honestly I've never heard of him. He called Taylor Swift destructive after she did not show interest in one of his bandmates who I also have never heard of. Taylor doesn't need that kind of negativity. Also, her successful relationship with Calvin Harris is the opposite of destructive.

15. Your alarm in the morning or after a good nap

This is a double offense because it is terrible not only for you but for your roommate who didn't need to wakeup for another hour. The sound of that alarm might be the worst part of the day. Getting out of bed in general is no fun especially as the weather gets colder and your bed gets warmer.

16. Losing your keys or headphones

Going to the gym without your headphones might be the worst thing in the world. That, and the look your roommate gives you when you ask her not to lock the door again because you can't find your key.

17. Morning people

Why do you like mornings? Why are you happily awake without coffee before 10 a.m.? What kind of magic do people use to enjoy mornings? I would ask you to share, but I'd prefer to sleep in.

18. Having a final on the last day of exams

Especially if you don't have any exams before then or a large span between your exams. Either way, nothing kills the Christmas spirit better than staying on campus after most people have gone home.

19. Shonda Rhimes killing off your favorite character

Derek Shepherd anyone? Mark Sloane? Lexie Grey? That's just Grey's Anatomy, too. It is a struggle being an avid TGIT viewer. Every time you get attached to a character, she kills him or her off.

20. Running out of your conditioner before your shampoo or vice versa

Why can't they run out at the same time? Instead, you wind up with an excess of shampoo and dry hair from your lack of conditioner. A quick run to the store leaves you with a new bottle of shampoo and only a week left of conditioner before you need to go to the store again. Yet, you never remember to buy both at the same time.

21. Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton's relationship

When they announced their relationship, both recently divorced, it was to more shocked than joyous reactions. Not only are they not a very cute couple, but their whole relationship makes me question how their past relationships ended. I still think Blake definitely cheated on Miranda.

22. The sociality barbie Instagram being shutdown

For months now we've followed and enjoyed the SocialityBarbie Instagram. She mocked and embodied our #basicgirl lifestyle. The creator of the Instagram account, Darby Cisneros, decided that SocialityBarbie has taught us what she needs to. Therefore, the account is being terminated. Now what are we supposed to stalk?

23. Everything that comes out of Hillary Clinton's mouth

This doesn't need an explanation. Every time she opens her mouth, she makes herself look worse. Seriously though, three of the presidential candidates made this list. That's concerning in itself.

24. "Fleek" and "YAS" being added to the dictionary

I thought it was bad when "converse" was added. I was wrong. Neither "fleek" or "YAS" are words that should be recorded officially as part of the English language. Truthfully, I don't know what either of the words mean but I can guarantee I won't be looking it up in the dictionary any time soon.

25. Kidz Bop albums

Why do these still exist? Who funds the creation of these? No way are there enough sales to keep producing these. Seriously, if there is one thing to be universally offended by this holiday season, it is the continued existence of the world's worst albums.