24 Services Provided by Planned Parenthood

It'll surprise you!

208

Planned Parenthood is a very controversial topic right now. Many individuals are against Planned Parenthood because it's an organization that offers abortion procedures. Whether you're pro-life or pro-choice however, you should know that abortion procedures are just a fraction of the services Planned Parenthood offers. Here are 24 services provided by Planned Parenthood, many of which are free.

1. Birth Control

Planned Parenthood offers a variety of birth control methods. These include a birth control pill, implant, patch, shot, sponge, vaginal ring, and cervical cap.

2. Birth Control for Men

Planned Parenthood has detailed descriptions and information on men's 5 birth control options, abstinence, condoms, outercourse, vasectomy, and withdrawal.

3. Contraception

Including male and female condoms, Planned Parenthood also provides the morning-after pill as well as Tubal Sterilization and Vasectomy surgeries. Tubal Sterilization is surgery done on a female's fallopian tubes resulting in the inability to become pregnant. A vasectomy surgery is done on a male's vas deferens, resulting in the inability to ejaculate sperm and thus the inability to impregnate a woman.

4. Information on Abstinence

By offering advantages, disadvantages, communication techniques with partners, and other information, Planned Parenthood offers the knowledge you need to decide if abstinence is the right choice for you.

5. Anemia Testing

Anemia is a deficiency of red blood cells causing dizziness, fatigue, and can result in an abnormal heart rate.

7. Cholesterol Screening

8. Diabetes Screening

9. Physical Exams

10. Flu Vaccines

11. Help with Quitting Smoking

12. High Blood Pressure Screening

13. Tetanus Vaccines

14. Thyroid Screening

15. Breast Exams

16. Mammograms

17. Pelvic Exam

18. Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) Treatment

19. Information and Education on Men's Health

Planned Parenthood provides education on testicular cancer and male infertility.

20. Information and Education on Women's Health

Including education on cervical cancer, endometriosis, female infertility, menopause, menstruation, ovarian cancer, yeast infections, and vaginitis.

21. Information and Education on Pregnancy

Planned Parenthood offers pregnancy tests as well as information for couples or individuals considering pregnancy, pre-pregnancy health, pregnancy options, prenatal care, miscarriages, infertility and the zika virus. Planned Parenthood also provides education for those wondering how pregnancy happens.

22. Relationship Advice and Education

Planned Parenthood supports healthy and happy relationships. They offer education on how to have a good relationship, how to end a relationship, as well as education on sexual and reproductive control. Sexual control is when an individual makes another individual do something sexually even though they didn't want to, while reproductive control is when an individual messes with someone else's birth control.

23. Sexuality and Gender Information

Including reproductive and sexual anatomy education, information on sexual pleasure, masturbation, sexual activity, gender identity, sexual orientation and trans identities.

24. STD Testing

Information on and testing for STDs such as, Chancroid, Chlamydia, Genital Warts, Gonorrhea, Hepatitis B, Herpes, HIV/AIDS, Human Papillomavirus, Mollescum Contagiosum, Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, Pubic Lice (Crabs), Scabies, Syphilis,and Trichomoniasis (Trich).

All of this information and more can be found on PlannedParenthood.org