23 Signs You Grew Up In Kingston, Ma

23 Signs You Grew Up In Kingston, Ma

You know, the town right near plymouth?

4849
23 Signs You Grew Up In Kingston, Ma
Kingstonmass

Kingston, Massachusetts was a great place to grow up. I, for one, very much enjoyed my childhood. Although small in size it is big in heart. If you grew up in Kingston you should consider yourself lucky! Although not a lot to do we certainly always made our own fun, I'm sure you know what I am talking about here!

1. When you say you are from Kingston you're frequently asked, “Kingston, Rhode Island?”

For some reason this is the only Kingston people know about.

2. “It’s right near Plymouth” is a common thing to say

3. ...And when you’re baffled by the amount of people that don’t know Plymouth you say Boston

I can't tell you how many times people have asked me, "What's Plymouth?" ..C'mon people it's America's hometown.

4. Getting "Mister C Caught Me" was like winning an Oscar

When your name was announced over that loud speaker you just look around at your class mates like...

5. You loved spending your weekends at Pottle Street

Whether you were there for your own games, to watch your crushes, or just to hang out with friends it was always a fun time.

6. And as you got older at Hathaways or the power lines....

And of course inevitably running from the cops.

7. You never go to the Independence Mall unless absolutely necessary

It's just super shitty, like unbelievably shitty.

8. You will NEVER call it the Kingston Collection

Okay so the new movie theater is pretty awesome, but that is it. This is what they hoped it would look like...

9. You thought you were famous if your class was picked to be in the Kingston Reporter

You thought so carefully about how you were going to answer that question. I suggest you look back on some of them if your mom saved them they are hilarious.

10. You loved trick-or-treating in Indian Pond

That's where the King Size candy bars are and everyone knows it. Seeing this was a beautiful sight.

11. You remember the ice cream cart at lunch

You always made your mom give you an extra 75 cents and if your favorite kind was gone by the time it got to you your day was ruined.

12. The musicals you got to put on in intermediate school were the best

Not sure how they chose what classes got to do it and what classes did. But mine did and it was so much fun.

13. You always have to explain what the Intermediate School is

We went to elementary school until 2nd grade and then 3rd through 6th there. I know its a weird concept.

14...And it is the best place to sled

Some great memories (some painful) have been made on those hills.

15. You miss Shorty’s Ice Cream

Although short lived, it was the best ice cream in town. Popping in there after a game at Pottle was the perfect afternoon.

16. Four square was your game of choice at recess

When you finally got to the number one square and then recess was over. Nothing worse

17. Being sent to “the wall” was all too common

Watching your friends from afar still having fun....

18. The Rec Camp was the place to be in the summer

Miss those summer spent running around annoying the crap out of my counselors.

19. You would make it a personal mission to prove you could ride your bike to your friends

Even if my friends lived all the way across town, I didn't care. I could make it their on my bike.

20. You could not wait to be able to go to the 56 dances

And stand awkwardly across the room from your crush dancing with your girlfriends because any time a boy and a girl came within a foot of each other they were separated.

21. Middle school was a scary time merging with two other towns

Kingston, Halifax, and Plympton all in one school. Kingston was still the biggest though, and best in my opinion.

22. Colony Place was the best thing to ever happen

Panera, Walmart, Moe's, Old Navy, so much to do. And also what other parking lots would we hang out in?

23. You love your home town

My family and I have seen so much love from this town in times of turmoil and in times of celebration. Such a great community and town, and there is no where else I would have rather grown up!