22 Things College Students Would Rather Do Than Study For Finals | The Odyssey Online

22 Things College Students Would Rather Do Than Study For Finals

I should've been studying instead of writing this article.

131
ImpactAlpha

Ah, finals week: the most dreaded 5 days of every college student's semester. When coffee becomes your best friend, the library floor becomes your bed, and quiet hours become your safe haven. Chances are, 80% of our time will be studying, 10% of it will be taking the finals, and the other 10% will be spent sleeping (FINALLY). But do we really want to spend the majority of our last moments on campus with friends studying? Nope. So here are 22 things we'd rather do than study for finals.

1. Watch Netflix

Already watched the entirety of Friends 5 times? Doesn't matter. We'd much rather make that 6 than studying something for the first time.

2. Take a nap

Because when you're asleep you don't have to live with the guilt of all your shortcomings.

3. Eat our feelings

Food can solve just about anything.

4. Play with puppies

When don't we want to do this?

5. Google pictures of puppies

When an actual puppy isn't available, this is a go-to alternative.

6. Take a 45-minute shower

Showers are for singing, dancing, and thinking.... but not about finals.

7. Explore the weird part of YouTube

We start innocently with cute kitten videos and end up on the Jelly Belly Pet Rat video. It happens.

8. Darty

Even if you're "not the party type," you'd much rather be at one than alone and dying in your dorm room.

9. Stalk a crush on Instagram

He put those pictures on social media because he wanted us to be able to see them any time we want, right?

10. Cry

Crying generally has a negative connotation with it, but it can actually help relieve some bottled up emotions. So cry with abandon, my friends.

11. Make bets on how long we can put things off

You can make anything into a competition. Even slacking off.

12. Mess around with Snapchat filters

Who comes up with these anyway??? Probably college students not studying for finals.

13. Go adventuring around town

Not absolutely, completely, fully, 100% familiar with the town you're in? I'm sure you can find some obscure nooks and crannies to become acquainted with.

14. Bake some cookies

Then eat the cookies. Every single one of them.

15. Complain about how much we don't want to study

Productive, right? We know.

16. Explore the depths of WalMart

The possibilities of fun in WalMart are endless.

17. Have a Lifetime movie marathon

You know the one where the creepy dude tears apart a family? Oh wait, that's all of them.

18. Jam to Taylor Swift

Girl has got music for just about any occasion.

19. Find out which kind of donut we are via Buzzfeed quiz

Are we a jelly one? Cream-filled? Twisted? This is so important to know.

20. Write a haiku about the disappointments we are to our families

My dear family

Sorry I'm the way I am

Do you still love me?

21. Look up listings of houses we'll never be able to afford

Have $72,000 of student loans to pay off? You can still buy that $4 million beachouse in Cali. Dream big.

22. Literally anything else

Is it summer yet?