21 Monthly Subscription Boxes For $10 Or Less That You Absolutely Need In College | The Odyssey Online

21 Monthly Subscription Boxes For $10 Or Less That You Absolutely Need In College

I might be poor, but my heart is rich! And with these subscription boxes, I can pretend like I'm rich too.

2894
Thinking Inside the Box

With the holidays right around the corner, it's time to start thinking about what gifts you're going to get for your family and friends. Whether you're terrible at thinking of gifts to get, or you just want to be known as the best gift giver among your squad I have the perfect solution for you! No more lame clothes or junk that they won't use - instead get them a subscription box! I scoured the inter-webs looking for the best deals, cause you know your girl is a broke college student, and I found 21 subscription boxes that you can order online for less than $10 a month, and I've included all possible discount codes that I could find. It's time to actually get the gift that keeps on giving!

***Note: I haven't personally tried all of these subscriptions and cannot vouch for the quality or care that the companies put into their products.

1. Love with Food Tasting Box

This is a monthly healthy snack subscription. (Regularly $9.99 a month) Each month they send natural and organic snacks and sweets to sample, and for every box they send, they donate a meal to a food bank!

Use this link to get your first box for only $7.99!

2. Dollar Shave Club

This box is a monthly razor blade subscription service. (And they now offer grooming products like shave cream, hair products, etc.) Subscriptions start at $6 a month for their most popular model (the 4X) and you get a free handle with your first month.

For a limited time, try any one of their razors (including razor handle + 4 blades) for just $1 with free shipping! No coupon needed, just use this link!

3. GlobeIn Club

Members will receive one artisan product (it can be anything from a mug to jewelry to home decor products) each month. In addition, members can add more fair trade products to their monthly package (the “empowerment pack”) at exclusive, members-only prices.”

This subscription box is always $10 a month!

4. Bulu Box

Bulu Box is a monthly fitness and weight loss subscription. The original Bulu Box is focused more on fitness and general health supplements, and they also offer a Weight Loss box that focuses more on diet products.

Use this coupon code MYSUB599 to get Bulu Box for $5.99 per month, for the lifetime of the subscription! (Regularly $10)

5. LOLA

LOLA (regularly $9 – $10/month)is a feminine hygiene subscription service that provides a monthly delivery of 100% cotton tampons or pads in the absorbencies you request. “LOLA products are designed by women, for women to be effective, comfortable, and natural.”

Get your first box for $5, no coupon code needed, just use this link!

6. Mini Monthly Mystery Box for Dogs

Do you know someone with a lil' doggo who you'd much rather spoil than the actual person? Then this is the perfect gift! This box is $9.99 a month and includes at least one bag of treats and one toy each month. You can select a box for small, medium, or large dogs.

Use this link to sign up for just $9.99/month with free shipping!

7. Birchbox

This is one of the original beauty subscription boxes and a personal favorite of mine! For $10 a month, subscribers receive 5 beauty samples (haircare, nail polish, makeup, perfume, skincare, etc.).

Find current Birchbox Coupons here!

8. SnackNation

This is a snack subscription box that ships you full-sized snacks with no artificial colors, sweeteners or flavors – and they donate one meal on your behalf to a family in need. They have a two different sizes of boxes: 6 snacks for $9.99, or 15 snacks for $24.99.

For a limited time, use this link to save 50% off every month of the 6-snack box from SnackNation for every month that you take an online survey (Regularly $9.99/month)

9. Ipsy

This glittery little gem is a monthly beauty and makeup subscription. ($10 a month). Each month includes 5 beauty items (many of the items are full-size!) and subscribers get an exclusive makeup bag each month too! And they come in a bright pink package, so it's actually like Christmas every month!

10. Yummy Bazaar's Destination Food Club

This subscription sends authentic and delicious foods from around the globe. Their Sampler Box includes 6-8 sample-sized products, and it’s always $9.95 with free shipping to the contiguous US. This box is always under $10/month!

Limited Time Deal: Use code MSABACK2SCHOOL to get $9.95 back in store credit to spend on snacks when you sign up!

11. Happy Legs Club

Similar to Dollar Shave Club, but for women. This a women’s razor subscription. Their “Happy” razor subscription is $12 every two months, which works out to $6/month. All shipments include 6 replacement cartridges, and your first shipment includes a razor handle.

12. Target Beauty Box

So I was very surprised to learn that Target offers a subscription box. It varies in cost (Usually $7). Target releases new beauty boxes about every other month, and they sell out within hours because they are that good! The value is always great, they come with Target coupons, and they have a good mix of samples and full-size items.

13. LootWear T-Shirt

The LootWear T-Shirt Subscription is a tee-only subscription from Loot Crate (formerly called Level Up). For only $8.99 a month (that price includes shipping), subscribers get one geeky exclusively designed t-shirt a month.

Use coupon code SAVE3 to save $3 off your first month – that brings the cost down to $5.99!

They also offer a Sock Subscription for $9.99 a month, where you get two pairs of geeky socks each month. The same discount code applies.

14. Chroma Club

This club (Regularly $8 a month) is a monthly adult coloring book subscription box, encouraging creativity and relaxation through coloring. Their website says their books “are the perfect blend of art, fun, and challenge, with illustrations drawn by artists from around the world.” Each Chroma.Club book contains 16 coloring pages with designs ranging in complexity from beginner to intricate drawings.

Use coupon code STAYBETWEENTHELINES to save $2 off your first purchase!

15. Walmart Beauty Box

I was even more surprised to discover that Walmart has a beauty box as well!!! Walmart Beauty Box is one of the cheapest beauty boxes out there – only $5 a box! This box ships once a quarter, and includes a mix of samples of brands Walmart carries, plus coupons.

16. Pipsticks

Throwback to my young elementary days, this gift would have been the shit! Like, I don't think you understand how cool I would have been if I had a monthly load up of STICKERS. Pipsticks is a sticker subscription with plans for kids and adults. Their “Petite” plans are always $9.95 with free shipping in the US!

17. Field to Cup

I'm slightly obsessed with this subscription, simply because I'm moving away from coffee, and I'm hoping on the tea-train. Field To Cup‘s new Tea Explorer Box (with free US shipping) is a new, smaller tea subscription for those who want to try new loose leaf teas with less commitment. Every month you’ll receive 5g each of 4 different loose leaf teas, enough for 12-14 cups (.7 oz of tea), plus members-only discounts in the shop, and a monthly steeping guide.

This box is always $6.97, no coupon needed, just use this link!

18. Vellabox

This is going to be a clutch gift this year because my sister, my mom, and my cousin all love candles. This subscription is an artisan candle subscription box. Non-toxic, lead-free, hand poured, small-batch candles made with quality ingredients. The Lucerna option is $10/month and comes with a bonus gift chosen along the same health forward lines they utilize to choose the candles.

Save 25% off your first box! Your first month will be $9.50 including shipping when you use code ADDICT25.

19. Play by Sephora

This should be your go-to for your makeup aficionado friends. Why it is a must: It’s a beauty subscription box from Sephora! It’s only $10! Each month you’ll get 5 beauty samples, plus an additional perfume sample. The brands they feature in the box are the same ones they sell at Sephora stores, so it’s a high-end collection of samples, and they often showcase new products, too.

20. My First Reading Club

Regularly $9.99 plus shipping, My First reading Club is a monthly children’s book subscription for ages 0 – 12. Choose your age range and receive three books tailored to your child’s reading level, plus a free gift for mom, too. It's like a two-in-one gift!

Use code MSAREADS to save $5 off your first month!

21. EarFleek

This is a monthly earring subscription (Regularly $3.49/month) that delivers a new pair of earrings each month to your door. Choose from three different subscription styles: “Boho Babe”, “Young at Heart”, “Minimalist, but Groovy”, or let them decide for you! To be honest, treat yourself and get this as a little gift for you, because you deserve it!

Use coupon code MSA50 to save 50% off of your first Earfleek shipment!