21 Things Everyone That Grew Up Around Logansport, Indiana Knows To Be True | The Odyssey Online

21 Things Everyone That Grew Up Around Logansport, Indiana Knows To Be True

Whether you're from Logansport, Galveston, or Walton, we all know these things.

355
John Hopper

I grew up in Logansport and I went to a small school where everyone knows or thinks they know, everyone. It has it's good and bad, like all cities, but it’s home. There are actually three towns that everyone in our area frequents. Logansport, Galveston, and Walton. They’re so small that everyone goes between them pretty frequently for different things. These are everything everyone from these towns knows to be true!

1. Going to Sycamore the second it opens

Sycamore is our local favorite ice cream place. The line on and after opening day is absolutely ridiculous because EVERYONE wants it. If you don't get sycamore, did you even go to Logansport?

2. Going to the Walton Freeze on opening day

This is more aimed toward Walton and Galveston, but it’s the same deal as Sycamore. Lines are crazy and everyone wants their nachos. Personally, I could eat cheese dogs every day of forever.

3. ALWAYS running into someone you know at Walmart

It doesn’t fail. I promise. 10/10 don’t even want to make eye contact with you, so please pretend not to see me like I’m flawlessly pretending not to see you.

4. Everyone goes to Walmart when they’re bored

I don’t even know why, so don’t ask.

5. There’s a drug house exploding like every week

Totally not cool, but noteworthy.

6. Riding your bike around town as a kid

My friends and I used to get in tons of trouble riding our bikes all over Galveston. There were a number of illegal activities, but it was all in good fun.

7. Going from middle school to the high school was actually the most stressful event ever

Everyone from Thompson and Galveston come together for the first time, and it’s new because we all grew up with the same 80 kids our entire lives and now we gotta meet new people. Sux.

8. Basketball and football games dominate every Friday

Most of the town comes out for the games and it isn’t a huge shocker. Our football team is always pretty good, and basketball has its seasons. It’s usually the opposite for Logansport. Either way, it's the best place to catch up with friends or people you haven't seen in a while.

9. You have to go to Kokomo for any kind of shopping or restaurant eating

Unless you want Applebees, you gotta go to Kokomo.

10. Logansport doesn’t even really have a mall anymore, soo....

The only people that still go are the mall walkers. You go, mall walkers. All the good stores were taken out years ago because nobody ever went there.

11. The four-way stop in Galveston

Whenever I give directions, it usually involves where you are in relevance to the four-way stop. Everyone knows where it is because you have to cross it to get into Kokomo.

12. There are never actually any cops at the Galveston police station or that little area by the Moose in Logansport.

They have a couple cars parked in front, but nobody is even there, so what’s the point? Why do you do this?

13. The Logansport/ Lewis Cass rivalry

We all live in pretty much the same area, but Logan kids tend to not like Cass kids and Cass kids tend to not like Logan kids. I have friends from both, so I don’t really care to join in.

14. "Basketbrawlers not basketballers”

LOL okay, best tweet to ever be tweeted, doesn’t matter what school you went to. This tweet was directed at the Logansport basketball team during a heated game with Lewis Cass. Maybe the Logansport side doesn’t think it’s very funny, but it was a highly popular tweet among Cass kids, specifically because it came from an old vice principal. Golden.

15. The Boardwalk has the best food in Logansport

I can and will get a Chicken Club every time I'm visiting home. That shit is DELICIOUS.

16. Bonfires are the greatest thing ever invented

A favorite way to party is to get a bunch of people, light a fire, and do a bunch of crazy shit. I've always loved them.

17. Everyone parties at the same place every weekend

What's the point in finding another spot, amirite?

18. Diesel trucks. Diesel trucks EVERYWHERE

Self-explanatory.

19. Everyone goes to the Cass County 4H fair, but nobody knows why

Everyone is dressed like a hillbilly, the lemon shakeups are the best part, and the queen pageant is literally the only nice thing going for us. Remember that weird time when they had elephants in a tiny area? Yeah, me too.

20. Cornfields and drugs for DAYZ

Seriously. There's nothing else.

21. Everyone has held or been to an event at the Logansport Carousel

GET THEM BRASS RINGS, Y'ALL.