2017: The Year of Breaking Boundaries | The Odyssey Online

2017: The Year of Breaking Boundaries

A new year calls for new a new me, and in doing so calls for breaking the boundaries I set for myself in 2016.

11
2017: The Year of Breaking Boundaries
amandawiltsey.com

As far as 2016 goes, I'm sure most people would agree that they're happy to see the year come to an end. Seeing as how 2016 was such a crazy year for everyone and myself included, I'm very excited to welcome in the new year and new beginnings. For me, the past year has been an eye opening experience between school, work, family/friends, and everyday life, and I've learned that if I'm not taking care of myself and actively pursuing anything, then nothing is going to happen. It's been a year of too much negativity combined with the harsh realization of reality, and because of that, 2017 will be my year of breaking boundaries.

This upcoming year, I plan to push myself out of my comfort zone as much as possible. In doing so requires much patience and confidence from within, but gradually I'm becoming more and more accepting of the idea, if not excited. I'm ready to put progression back into my life, and the first step is to put myself out there more. Make new friends and spend more time with my old friends and family. Make goals and actually work towards them, and then feel how great it is to accomplish that said goal. Work on being a better person, by which I mean giving back to society more, complimenting others instead of judging them, and helping others with whatever I can. I want to connect and work with others to fight for what's right and spread awareness for problems within society, like equality and the need for a clean planet, rather than just read about it on social media. But ultimately I want to put more into myself; more love, knowledge, experiences, etc., so that I can bring more of that into the world, a little bit at a time.

The only way to begin to change the world, is if we begin small with ourselves in breaking our own boundaries we failed to realize we even set for ourselves. The older I get, the more I realize I have to be well in order to do well, and I'm ready to make those amends and get out that rut. The new year is time for new changes and positivity, time to bring people together rather than pull them apart, time to be more accepting of what scares us and willing to fight for what's right, and most of all it's time to be true to yourself. To put yourself first and pay attention to what your body wants and needs in order to be healthy, because only then will you be successful in what you invest yourself with. Not only that, but invest richly in yourself and in your life for a healthy mind and a healthy heart, because when you start with yourself, everything else follows. And ultimately, to not doubt our abilities to make the world a little better in any little way that we can, whether we change the world for our self, for another, or for everyone, we'll never know if we don't try.

Although not all change is good, no change is too subtle, and this upcoming new year of 2017 is nothing but promising potential; if only you see it through to break those negative boundaries holding you back, and prepare for the positive opportunities coming your way.