20 Signs You're From Wisconsin | The Odyssey Online

20 Signs You're From Wisconsin

Pop or soda? Bubbler or water fountain?

134
20 Signs You're From Wisconsin

From someone who grew up in Wisconsin, I can tell you there are not people who are more die hard Green Bay Packer fans or Badger fans. People bleed green and gold and red and white year round. Typically Wisconsinites are made fun of in movies but that doesn't affect us. We embrace it. Here are 20 things you will understand if you come from Wisconsin.

1. Happy cows come from Wisconsin NOT California.

2. You can't resist dancing to "Jump Around."

3. You get stuck behind a tractor quite frequent during planting and harvest season.

4. You can't believe other states don't have Culvers.

5. It must be -40 degrees with two feet of snow before they cancel school.

6. People take Friday Fish Fry very seriously.

7. You know how to pronounce Waukesha, Menomonie, Oconomowoc, Wauwatosa, Mukwonago, and Ashwaubenon.

8. When half the class is gone, you know it's hunting season.

9. You know what a "bubbler" is.

10. Squeaky cheese curds are the best cheese curds.

11. In 50 degree weather people are breaking out their shorts and sandals.

12. You've tried on a cheese head at least once in your life.

13. You're not a fan of our neighbors to the south.

14. Summer is spent on the lake or at various festivals/fairs.

15. We love our beer!

16. It's not weird to see mounted deer on walls in people's houses.

17. The Wisconsin Dell's is the best summer vacation.

18. The state fair is the most anticipated event of the summer.

19. You get excited when Wisconsin is mentioned in movies.

20. You'll always be a Wisconsinite no matter where you live.

Even after all of this, you wouldn't trade it for the world. No matter what you will always leave part of your heart in Wisconsin.