20 Reasons Why The Country Is Better

20 Reasons Why The Country Is Better

Nothing beats the great outdoors.

73
20 Reasons Why The Country Is Better
Google

If you have ever seen the "great outdoors" whether that's hiking through the mountains or sitting around the campfire with friends & family, you know what I'm talking about when it comes to living in the country. If you were born and raised in the country life, you can never leave it. You may temporarily stay in the city, but you always want to go back to your roots. Nothing compares to those great outdoors; the sunshine, mountain high, green grass and water surrounded country. So, here are the 20 reasons why the country is better than the city:

20. You Are Taught Hard Work & Responsibility

If you grew up on a farm, you know what it means to be taught hard work at a young age. Bailing hay, planting/weeding a garden, taking care of the animals, etc. If you weren't brought up on the farm, you are taught the up-keeping of your bigger house and land, timing of waking up earlier to make the commute to work, and washing your car from the dirt roads residue.

19. Animals Are Your Best Friend:

You are surrounded by animals when you live in the country. Deer, raccoons, kittens, horses, cows, pigs, the list goes on. If you are an animal lover, you will love the country.

18. It Takes 20 Minutes To Get To Civilization:

This might turn some people off but know this is a good thing. Sometimes being able to escape the noisy and busy life you live, is worth the drive. Besides, it is better to be so far from civilization because you are less likely to drive to that pizza place at 1am or that clothing store for the tenth time that week. Hence, saving money and your body from regret.

17. Camping:

You don't have to go far to go camping. Look in your backyard and set up a tent.

16. Bonfires:

In the city, you have to go through so much just to try to have a bonfire with the fire department. If you want a bonfire in the country, just do it. Nothing beats the smell of bonfire on your clothes. And this goes hand-in-hand with number 17,camping.

15. Country Music Is Actually Okay To Play:

While you are driving down back roads, roll those windows down, blare that country music, and let the sun hit you. It's a feeling like nothing can ruin that day (and you get to experience that everyday when you live out there).

14. Dirt Roads Are More Common Than Paved Roads:

This is a debatable thing but if you look at it like the dirt roads have less cracks and pot holes to ruin your car, then what else would you want? And your chances of getting into a traffic jam costing you an extra hour like it would in the city, is slim to none. Which correlates to less car accidents as well. It's a win, win, win.

13. Relaxing:

Self-explanatory.

12. It's Healthier For You:

When you live in the city, there is more air pollution, violent crimes, higher rates of sexually transmitted diseases, low-birth-weight babies and more likely to drink excessively (according to The Wall State Journal). In the country, you breathe that fresh air, have homegrown or family grown food so there is no hormones placed into your food, and there are miles to run with beautiful views.

11. Hunting:

Your hunting options of places to go and what to hunt are endless. Most of the time, you can just go out back and shoot that animal that you've been wanting to get. Animals love the country and sometimes live in your backyard. And if you get that animal, you can easily cut it yourself and not have to pay to have it professionally done saving you money and time.

10. Stars:

Laying out and watching the stars has a whole new meaning when you talk about the country. No buildings or smoke from the factories to cloud the stars. Lay those blankets out in the back of your truck, on your roof, or just on the porch; either way, stargazing in the country is unlike anything in the city.

9. You Aren't Surrounded By Buildings:

You are surrounded by open fields, a couple homes living hundreds of feet from yours, and plenty of room to run around without hitting a wall. You could look out and see the sun and the trees, not buildings and cars.

8. Toys:

The country is known for all the open land and room to ride your ATV, dirt bikes and trucks through. In the city, you need all kinds of licensing, permits, parts to make your ATV acceptable on roads, etc. Save yourself from the headache and money spent to just ride on those back roads and open land.

7. Peaceful:

No noise from the highways or neighbors, those screaming kids are unheard of, just the noise from the birds. What else could you ask for when it comes to piece and quiet?

6. Opportunities Are Endless:

Bored? Go for a run, climb a tree, go fishing, plant a garden, pick some fruit or vegetables, lay outside in the sun, read a book, go swimming, ride one of those toys you own, basically the opportunities are endless.

5. Farms Surround You, You Don't Surround Them:

The farms that surround you are what supplies your family with growth and love. The tractor that's slowing you down is a good sign. Those supplies are being harvested and one step closer to your plate. It's actually a beautiful thing to be surrounded by farms. And if that isn't enough to convince you it is, there is always the sight of family gardens to make you smile.

4. The Views Are Spectacular:

The country is where the green grass grows, the corn stalks are below the sunrise, & the hills and valleys that accompany it all. There is nothing like waking up to the colorful sunrise on your back porch, looking over the fields and trees blowing in the wind, breathing that fresh air. You will never want to leave.

3. You Have Privacy:

With the spacious fields in between each house, you don't have that building 2 feet from your window. You have a backyard that is for your eyes and your family's only (not the peeking neighbors). You have the room to do you without others judging or watching.

2. The Food Is Usually Homegrown, Hence Better:

We all know about the GMO and other foreign substances put into our food and how that damages the body. Homegrown food is a completely different taste then the overproduced and GMO's placed into your food.

1. The All American Dream:

When you think of the all American Dream, you think about the white picket fence, big yard, long driveway, all the trees and flowers around the yard. You think about all the freedom and space you have to do what you please. You think about all the opportunities that present themself in this dream. These things are way more achievable in the country than the city.