20 Reasons To Race To The Theater for 'The Fast & Furious'

The beloved story that continues to bring everyone more smiles and more tears.

919
Raegan Thomas

The 8th installment of the Fast and Furious franchise came out last month, and fans are still raving about The Fate of the Furious. It is the first film to be released after Paul Walker's death in 2013. The 7th movie, Furious 7, was being finished when Walker tragically passed away in a car accident.

The main stars, Paul Walker and Vin Diesel have not been the main characters in all the films, such as The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift. Vin Diesel was also absent for the second film, 2 Fast 2 Furious. With the exception of those two movies, Diesel and Walker have played prominent roles in all the other films. Their story and journey has been incredible, so when I heard the 8th movie was happening, I was a little hesitant about going to see it. They were best friends in real life and their characters Dominic Toretto (Diesel) and Brian O'Conner (Walker), were close, like brothers. Without Walker, I was worried about how the story would continue.

I was not disappointed, and I fell in love with the 8th film as well! I highly recommend it, and if you haven't seen all the movies, I suggest starting at the beginning so you don't get lost. If you are still on the fence about the franchise, here are 20 reasons why you should watch it.

1. So Many Fast Cars

Because who doesn't love street races and car chases? In every movie, you can bet that there will be fast cars, whether it's a fancy car or American muscle!

2. It's Action Packed

If you love action movies, then go watch these movies! It has a great story line, one that you can watch over and over, and possibly catch something new each time.

3. Amazing Humor

Not only is this movie action packed, but it's funny too. It's full of spit-your-drink-out humor. The banter is great comedic relief and will keep you laughing!

4. Vin Diesel

Ride or die is the tagline, and Dom Torreto & team live by the motto. He is the Alpha male of the group, and Vin Diesel does not disappoint in his portrayal of Torreto. He is the original Fast and Furious, along with Paul Walker. Vin Diesel, you rock and I am forever grateful that you helped to bring this franchise to life.

5. Crazy Stunts

There is nothing these characters won't try. As Brian O'Conner says, "We do what we do best. We improvise." They do the impossible to get each job done. These criminals turned into the good guys with their impressive skills.

6. Flying Cars

"Dom, cars don't fly!"......oh but they do in these movies.

7. Crazy Airplane Stunts

They shoot planes down, and jump out of them as well!

8. Massive Tanks

Tanks? No problem. They can face them or drive them. It doesn't matter!

9. Submarines

The Fate of the Furious introduced something new: a submarine! The team has to face a submarine with nukes in this film.

10. Dwayne Johnson

Ah, who doesn't love The Rock? He and Dom start off as enemies, but eventually, they end up on the same side. Dwyane Johnson doesn't join the franchise until the fifth film, but he certainly adds to the movies as federal agent, Luke Hobbs.

11. Amazing Loyalty

Family means everything, and loyalty runs deep in Dom's crew. Family doesn't always just mean blood relatives either. They stick up for each other and will fight until the end for each member. Dom and his team are people you would want as allies.

12. Strong Friendship

Dom and Brian are more than just friends. They grow together and become close as brothers, on and off screen...

13. Michelle Rodriguez

Michelle Rodriguez plays Letty Ortiz, Mrs. Alpha. She is one tough cookie that you do not want to piss off. Mess with her man or family, she is coming after you.

14. Cat Fights

Letty is not afraid to throw a punch. She grew up in the streets and she isn't scared to throw down.

15. Tej and Roman

Tej and Roman are part of Dom's team and old friends of Brian. Brian brings them on and they join the family. Their banter is part of the reason you may pee your pants from laughing so much.

16. Love Stories

Letty and Dom have an incredible love story, and other characters do as well. Brian falls in love with Dom's sister, Mia. So, for the girls out there that hate action movies, there is something for you too in these movies!

17. Hot Actors Fighting

More action please! Epic fight scenes in every movie, with even more stars! Welcome to the party Jason Statham (Furious 7)

18. Family

Paul Walker, you will forever be missed. The song, See You Again is for Paul, and the seventh movie was dedicated to him. He lived for these movies and he is credited for a huge part of the franchise's success. Walker was one of my favorite actors and I loved to watch him in these movies.

20. The Endings

The Fast and the Furious (1)

2 Fast 2 Furious (2)

The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift (3; but takes place after film 6)

Fast & Furious (4)

Fast Five (5)

Fast & Furious 6 (6; might want to watch film 3 again to refresh memory)

Furious 7 (7)

The Fate of the Furious (8)

...and two more sequels left to follow! Supposedly, the story will finish up after the next two that will come in 2019 and 2021.