20 Places To Travel To While You're In Your 20s | The Odyssey Online

20 Places To Travel To While You're In Your 20s

Because now is time to spread your wings and dip your toes in culture.

113
One Mile At A Time

Wanderlust: the desire to travel to places you've never been to. I feel like everyone has wanderlust in their 20s. It's the perfect time period to go out and explore the unknown. Maybe even find out more about yourself. I, for one, am itching to travel. I've even compiled a list of 20 places to venture to:

If you are the average broke college student, and can't afford a plane ticket for overseas, here are some of the places I think are crucial to visit in the states:

1. Phoenix, Arizona

The home of the Grand Canyon. Take a hike through the wondrous canyon, just don't get too close to the edge!

2. Denver, Colorado

The mountains are calling. I've heard that Denver may be one of the greatest places to go skiing or snowboarding. Definitely a place to travel to for hitting the slopes and enjoy the majestic views.

3. Seattle, Washington

Seattle is well known for its coffee. It's also well known for Mount St. Helens. Shockingly enough, this is not just a mountain, but a volcano. I would definitely visit this place but I would make sure that volcano remained dormant while I was there.

4. Honolulu, Hawaii

Warm waters and a breath of paradise. Something about Honolulu seems so peaceful and inviting. You would find me on the beach learning how to surf and trying not to get severely burnt by the blazing sun.

5. Boston, Massachusetts

Take me out to the ballgame. Fenway Park seems to be a notorious baseball field. Going to a baseball game would be a must while I was visiting Massachusetts. You can never go wrong with a beer, hot dog, and a baseball game.

6. New York City

A walk to remember. While taking a break from shopping on 5th Avenue, you can take a stroll through Central Park and enjoy the scenery of the city that never sleeps.

7. Baton Rouge, Louisana

Splish splash! Feeling adventurous? Baton Rouge has two adjacent water parks: Blue Bayou and Dixie Landin'. Looks like a blast and splash. These water parks could slide into my DMs any day.

8. Nashville, Tennessee

Feeling country? I don't know about you, but a way to my heart is through country music. Now, it's also with going to see someone perform at the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville.

9. Outerbanks, North Carolina

Feeling extremely touristy? You should go to the Outerbanks. There is so much room for activities here. You can even overlook the sun setting in a lighthouse as you hear the calm waves of the Outerbanks.

10. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Black and yellow is what this city bleeds. Now, I may be partial to saying that everyone should visit this city in their 20s because this is my hometown. Yet, everyone should experience the city life of the 'Burgh. Go kayaking on the river or go see the Penguins dominant on the ice.

If you are feeling bold, and want to dip your toes into some culture, here are some of the places I'd love to travel to outside the country.

11. Potsdam, Germany

Germany has the Black Forest and palaces galore. The Sanssouci Palace of Potsdam is a real breath taker. Seriously, its beauty and steps will take your breath away.

12. Amsterdam, the Netherlands

Remember how The Fault in Our Stars had Hazel Grace and Augustus travel all the way to Anne Frank's house? They and tourists got to step back through time in this now turned museum to get a better understanding to what life was like as Anne during World War II.

13. Edinburgh, Scotland

Someone get me a kilt and a glass of scotch. That's all it will take for me to feel like royalty in this city. But c'mon, just look at that castle. I could stare at it for hours.

14. Kenya, Africa

To some, this may look like a somewhat ordinary picture. However, this hotel in Kenya is called Giraffe Manor. Guests are able to interact with the giraffes while they are enjoying their stay in Africa. I don’t know about you, but giraffes are my absolute favorite so I am making a point of it to go to Kenya.

15. London, England

It's the eye of the... no, not the tiger. It's the Eye of London. Take a whirl around the Eye to grasp the captivating views of Big Ben.

16. Fiji islands

Just keep swimming in that crystal clear water of the Fiji islands. Let your troubles melt away and fill your lungs with the tranquil air of relaxation. Catch some rays and be one with the earth. Just looking at this picture puts me at ease.

17. Santorini, Greece

Ever since watching The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, I’ve wanted to go to Greece. The environment just looks so welcoming and bright. Another perk is they have museums. I can have my wine and wear my jeans too.

18. Rome, Italy

If Lizzie McGuire can go to Italy, then so can I. Maybe luck will be on my side at the Trevi Fountain and I too can become a pop star sensation or be able to immediately pay off my college debt.

19. Vilnius, Lithuania

If any of you are like me, then you express interest in traveling to the places of your ethnic background. With that in mind, I would love to travel to Lithuania and be enriched in the culture of this wondrous place and their monuments.

20. Barcelona, Spain

The Sagrada Familia is a tourist hotspot for Barcelona. The place just exudes culture and safety. I can most likely see myself taking a selfie here.