20 Places To Visit In Your 20s | The Odyssey Online

20 Places To Visit In Your 20s

There's a reason "adventure" is our favorite word.

116
20 Places To Visit In Your 20s
amazonaws.com

International (and stateside) travel is becoming more and more popular among young people. I love how big of a push there is for our generation to get out and see the world. I have a huge bucket-list of places I'd like to go someday. Today, I thought I'd share a few of them with you. So here is 20 places I think you should go while you're still in your twenties (in no particular order).

1. Barcelona, Spain

Spain is the only other country I've been to, which makes me incredibly biased. However, Spain is an amazing, and often under-appreciated, place. It is filled with a rich history, an incredible mix between ancient and modern architecture, mountains, and beaches. What else could you need?! Barcelona is home to famous architect Antoni Gaudi's Sagrada Familia, a large church that is always under construction.

2. Cliffs of Moher, Ireland

Ireland has always been one of my top priorities. The dreamy cliffs, the fairy tale castles, the gardens and museums. The Cliffs of Moher are especially beautiful and iconic. Also, let's not forget the beer! Cheers!

3. Bangkok, Thailand

Thailand is full of exotic adventures, beautiful coasts, and delicious food. Ride an elephant, visit the many temples, or learn to cook authentic Thai food. Thailand is sure to please the adventurous young souls.

4. Vienna, Austria

Did you know Vienna was named the city with the highest quality for living many years in a row? Vienna is a historic, culturally rich, and artistic city. Legends like Mozart, Beethoven, and Freud resided there for a while too. Pretty cool!

5. Auckland, New Zealand

Auckland is a beautiful place. It's a decent sized city nestled within nature. Just outside the city, there are forests, beaches, and so much more. Adventure awaits you in Auckland.

6. Machu Picchu, Peru

Machu Picchu has been on my bucket-list since I knew that it existed. A long hike along the Inca Trail to see the incredible ruins? Plus, you'll probably spot an alpaca or two which is really hard to beat.

7. Istanbul, Turkey

Filled with beautiful churches, mosques, and palaces, Istanbul is sure to satisfy the architecture lover in you. Take a taste of Turkey's exotic food, and see history up close with a long walk through town.

8. Hanoi, Vietnam

Hanoi is a great option for young travelers. It's filled with exotic street food and cheap hostels; it's every college student's dream! Take some time to explore the busy streets and peaceful parks and I'm sure you'll have a blast.

9. Prague, Czech Republic

As an increasingly popular destination, Prague has so much to offer. It is a very artsy city filled with museums, roadside eateries, and beautiful architecture.

10. Cape Town, South Africa

Cape Town, South Africa is a cape situated in the south of Africa. Crazy, I know. Hike up Table Mountain or take one of the other incredible hikes. you're sure to find some wonderful views. Visit the museum and learn about the apartheid, or spend a day lounging on the beach. You're sure to find an adventure when you visit South Africa.

11. London, England

Who doesn't want to go to London?! London is a classic destination full of things to do. Drink some tea, visit Buckingham Palace, try to make a guard laugh. Your life will be just like a movie.

12. Athens, Greece

Athens is a historically rich city bursting at the seams with things to do. Visit the Acropolis, the Parthenon, or a variety of other ancient ruins. Eat some yummy authentic Greek food, or take a stroll through town.

13. Budapest, Hungary

Budapest is filled with amazing architecture. Visit one of the many museums, churches, and castles. Take a stroll across the stone suspension bridge and stop by the incredible parliament building and the glorious opera house. Budapest will never disappoint.

14. Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Dubai is another popular destination for young people. It is filled with ultra-modern architecture, an incredible nightlife, luxury shopping, beach resorts, and cool man made islands. So, when do we leave?

15. Sydney, Australia

Kangaroos. Opera house. Beach. Need I say more?

16. Suva, Fiji

Fiji is another great exotic location in the south pacific. Spend some time wandering through the local market, visiting museums, or hang out in the parks or on the beach. Spend a day snorkeling. Whatever you feel like doing, Suva is sure to please.

17. Paris, France

Another classic for anyone's bucket list. Paris offers wonderful architecture and shopping, delicious eateries, gourmet wine, and so much more; a romantic (and cheesy) getaway for any young couple.

18. Stockholm, Sweden

Sweden has been on my list since I learned about it (reading an American Girl book, of course). Stockholm has tons of bridges, boat tours, palaces, churches, and lots of other cool architecture. There's both beautiful views of the Baltic Sea and ski resorts. You can't beat that.

19. Mumbai, India

Mumbai (formerly Bombay) is on the west coast of India and has lots to offer. Just off shore there are cave temples. Back on the main land, you can immerse yourself in the Bollywood film industry, grab some delicious Indian eats, and visit the many historical sites in town, like the massive stone arch.

20. Belize City, Belize

Belize City is located right on the coast of Belize. Just out of town, you can take a hike through the jungle and see Mayan ruins. In town, go scuba diving, or visit the Belize Barrier Reef. There's no shortage of adventures waiting for you in Belize.

Well folks, there you have it; twenty places this 21 year old would like to go. To be fair, this is only the very beginning of my list. So, next time the travel bug bites, pick a place and go. There's no time like the present.