20 books to read when you're bored

20 books to read when you're bored

Like many people in the world, I absolutely love to read books.

3994
20 books to read when you're bored

Like many people in the world, I absolutely love to read books. Here are my top 20 suggestions.

1. "The Harry Potter" series by J.K Rowling.

These books are my personal favorite. Magic, mischief, and mayhem.

2. "Maze Runner" series by James Dashner.

If you like post-apocalyptic science fiction then this is the series for you. This Series is loaded with lies, mystery, and memory loss. Thomas wakes up in an elevator, the only thing he can remember is his name. He is surrounded by strangers whose memories are also gone.

3. "Lost In A Book" by Jennifer Donnelly.

A beauty and the beast inspired book. Belle finds a mysterious book in the library which transports her into a strange world. She must uncover the truth before she is lost within... forever.

4. "13 Reasons Why" by Jay Asher.

A young girl has killed herself and the only thing she has left behind is tapes explaining why. Clay arrives home to find a box with his name. Inside he discovers several cassette tapes from Hannah Baker. A heartbreaking and eye-opening tale of a life lost too soon.

5. "The 100" series by Kass Morgan.

Riveting post-apocalyptic series. After a nuclear war devasted the planet humanity has lived in space. 100 juvenile prisoners are being sent back down to recolonize after one hundred years.

6. "Game Of Thrones" series by George R. R. Martin.

Set in a world where summer and winter can last years. Where countries have yet to form. Where the battle for the Iron Throne has begun. When you play the game of thrones you either win or you die.

7. "Peter Pan" by J.M Barrie.

A classic and magical tale of childhood. Peter comes to take Wendy and her brothers on a magical adventure to Neverland. A place where you never grow up.

8. "Magonia" by Maria Headley.

Aza Ray suffers from a rare lung disease and is thought to die soon. She soon leaves this world and finds another, Magonia. Above the clouds, she is not dying and weak. However, everything is not as good as it seems, war is coming.

9. "Miss Peregrines Home For Peculiar Children" by Ransom Riggs.

Mysterious photos, a strange island, and a destroyed orphanage. Jacob sets off to visit the island his grandfather grew up on. There he finds more than he thought he ever would. The orphanage wasn't just any orphanage, just like its inhabitants it was very peculiar.

10. "Looking For Alaska" by John Green.

The book is set between two stages, a before and an after. Before: Miles Halter heads off to boarding school where he meets Alaska Young. She pulls him into her crazy world and steals his heart. After: Nothing is ever the same.

11. "The Fault In Our Stars" by John Green.

Hazel was just your regular dying girl until she met Augustus Waters. Her story had forever been completely rewritten.

12. "The H20" series by Virginia Bergin.

A post-apocalyptic series where the rain and water kills. Ruby must navigate this new world by herself and fight to stay alive.

13. "Eye Of Minds" series by James Dashner.

Set in a world of advanced technology, cyberterrorists, and gaming beyond your wildest dreams... and worst nightmares. Michael and his friends are given the task to save the cyber world and regular world from terrorists set to destroy everything.

14. "An Abundance Of Katherines" by John Green.

Colin Singleton's girlfriends have all been named Katherine. Every one of them has broken his heart. He sets out on a road trip with his best friend. Colin is on a mission to prove The Theorem of Underlying Katherine Predictability, which he hopes will predict the future of any relationship.

15. "The Five People You Meet In Heaven" by Mitch Albom.

On his 83rd birthday, Eddie dies from a tragic accident. He arrives in heaven to find out it is not a destination but an answer to all of life's questions. There Eddie meets five people who have impacted his life in some way or another.

16. "Tuesdays With Morrie" by Mitch Albom.

A true story about Mitch Albom's college professor, Morrie Schwartz. Years after college ended Mitch caught up with Morrie. He was dying of ALS. Every Tuesday Mitch went to see Morrie where he was given lessons. The last lessons he will ever receive.

17. "The Trouble With Lemons" by Daniel Hayes.

Tyler McCallister is a “lemon.” He’s allergic to almost everything and lives in the shadow of his mother and brother. He sneaks out for a midnight swim and finds a dead body. Reporting it anonymously Tyler is obsessed with solving the crime.

18. "Of Mice And Men" by John Steinbeck.

A story of two outsiders trying to find their place in this world. George and Lennie only have each other in this world. Lennie, struggling against cruelty, misunderstanding, and feelings of jealousy, becomes a victim of his own strength and mind.

19. "The Great Gatsby" by F. Scott Fitzgerald.

A story set in the roaring 20's. Lavish parties and a wealthy Jay Gatsby's love for Daisy Buchanan

20. "Me Before You" by Jojo Moyes.

Louisa Clark takes a badly needed job taking care of Will Traynor who is wheelchair bound. At first, he is very cold, bossy, and rude. Their life together soon means more to them than they ever thought possible.