20 Foolproof Ways To De-Stress

20 Foolproof Ways To De-Stress

Make your way to summer without the stress.

46
20 Foolproof Ways To De-Stress

Now that spring break is over we are all in the long-haul of the spring semester. We are at that point where the schoolwork keeps piling on, we have no more breaks left, and the end seems like it is nowhere in sight. Hang in there. This is always the hard part and you aren't the only one going through this time. Although you may be extremely busy, don't forget to take care of your health and set aside time to de-stress. Here is 20 ways you can de-stress.

1. Paint

No, we are not all Van Gogh, but painting can be truly relaxing. It doesn't matter what skill level you are, just focusing on what you are painting will divert your attention from the stress. If you paint often enough, you will become even better of a painter which can boost your self esteem.

2. Color

Do you think it is funny how there are now adult coloring books? Well there is a reason for that. Yes, they are more advance than the simple children coloring books, but coloring is a good way to de-stress for all ages.

3. Spend Time With Furry Friends

Some local pet stores or shelters allow you to pet the animals up for adoption. Playing with an animal for just a few minutes can instantly boost not only your mood, but the animal you are giving your time too.

4. Dance It Out

You may look silly, but sometimes you really need to dance it out. It gets your blood flowing, your creative juices flowing, and you get to listen to your favorite music.

5. Listen To Music

If you don't feel like dancing, that is OK. Just listen to your favorite music in a calm, relaxed place. It will definitely bring some positive notes into your stressful life.

6. Get Up And Get Moving

Whether you like to workout at a gym, run, meditate or simply take a walk, getting up and moving keeps the circulation flowing throughout your body and can give your brain the break it may need.

7. Go To Starbucks Or Dunkin Donuts

Sometimes the best thing to do is to get up, take a walk to Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts, and get your favorite drink. It's the perfect small break you sometimes need while grabbing a drink to re-energize.

8. Give And Get A Massage

It may sound silly, but if you and your study group have been in the books for awhile, take a few minutes to sit in a circle and give each others back massages. My choir in high school always did this every rehearsal and it truly helps to loosen up your body.

9. Read Inspirational Quotes

Sometimes just reading a few inspirational quotes can give you the energy, and "I can do it" mindset that you need to complete the task at hand.

10. Play Video Games

Playing video games can take you out of your stressed out world for short periods of time. This time in another realm may be what you need.

11. Eat A Yummy Treat

With the warmer weather comes the season openings of local ice cream shops. Round up some friends and go treat yourself! If you want to make it interesting, try going to a different ice cream place anytime you go.

12. Take Stupid And Silly Snapchats

We always use Snapchat, but sometimes if you just sit there with a friend and take goofy Snapchats you will laugh at yourself and release some of that stress.

13. Watch Your Favorite Movie

Sometimes all you need to do is watch your favorite movie or t.v show to put you in a better mood.

14. Watch Youtube Videos

Take a few minutes to watch those hilarious YouTube videos. Funny baby videos are my favorite. What's your's?

15. Grab Some Food

We all get sick of campus food so gather up some friends one day and go out to grab something to eat. Having good conversations while eating some better non-campus food is just what you may need.

16. Volunteer

Spending just a few hours one week (or weekend) volunteering can help you lose some stress and make you feel good for helping others. There are plenty of volunteering opportunities around campus.

17. Take A Nap

Nothing like a quick cat nap to re-energize, re-focus, and to boost your attitude.

18. Give A Friend A Call

Sometimes you need to call an old friend or relative. Catching up with them can be relieving and can put you in a better mood.

19. Unplug

Rather than playing video games or making funny Snapchats, you can always unplug from technology. A lot of times we get stressed just from seeing what others post, or talk about online. Even if it's for an hour, unplugging will definitely lose some of that excess stress.

20. Take Deep Breaths

If you can't take some time out of the day to do any of the activities listed above, the least you can do is take a couple deep breaths. Just remember we are all in the same position, and summer will be here soon enough.