17 Phrases All Shippensburg University Students Always Say

Let's not forget about the endless Ship puns.

1156
Haney

Shippensburg University is a very unique place. When I first visited, it surprised me because it was so different from every other campus I had been on. I mean, the campus has its own farm and there are cows as soon as you walk off campus. While the campus itself is unique, the students are, too, and they have come up with their own phrases and sayings. If you went to or go to Ship, I'm sure you have said every single one of these things at least once. Of course, there are many more that have any "ship" pun you can think of.

1. "Ship happens."

If you've never said this, did you even go to Ship?

2. "Ship is lit."

Of course, your "Ship Is It" shirt had to be changed as soon as you got it.

3. "The mascot makes no sense."

We are the Red Raiders, but we have a cardinal that is dressed like a pirate? If we're the Ship Raiders, wouldn't that just be a pirate? I really don't understand, and no one else really does either.

4. "It smells like sh*t/ship."

During the Spring is usually really bad since manure is used as fertilizer at the nearby farms. Plus the cows surrounding campus don't help.

5. "Go Red Raiders (like the announcer at the football games)."

It's funny and extremely memorable. If you've never heard this, you've never been to a football game.

6. "There are so many sidewalks."

Yes. Sidewalks. Sidewalks everywhere, and they continue to build more.

7. "Ship is it."

Of course, you had to get a t-shirt your freshman year with this on the back

8. "Kriner is the finer diner."

Their food is by far better than Reisner's, and it usually has fewer people, so hooray for no lines.

9. "Let's meet at the Rape Stairs."

Yes. It is a terrible name, but as far as I know, it hasn't lived up to its name in the past two years I have been there. Now they have a safety button at them, so that's good!

10. "Everyone is going to Wibs tonight."

They act like Wibs is the only bar in Shippensburg, but they had a mechanical shark there a few months ago. Who can top that?

11. "I have no idea what the sculptures around campus are supposed to be."

None of them come with any description and they're awkwardly placed around campus. So weird.

12. "Day drinking is always happening."

There's no point in trying to figure out in who is doing it. Walk down the street, and you'll find someone doing it.

13. "Strike season!"

After the recent strike, this became pretty popular. "Krusty Crab unfair," was a pretty common phrase, too.

14. "I don't understand why there is an elementary school on campus."

I say this every time I walk past it and every time I think about it. I'm not the only one who does this and I know I'm not.

15. "The CUB has Raider Bowls today."

I really don't understand why people eat these things. They're kind of gross, to be honest.

16. "I wish there were more things that could be used with your meal plan."

If it wasn't made by ship, you have to pay for it with flex. Drinks are also a big annoyance.

17. "The steps in Grove are terrible."

Who needs cardio when you have a class on the 4th floor?