17 Things To Do In Philadelphia This Summer

Take a look at some cheap things to do this summer in Philly!

252

If you are taking a trip Philadelphia this summer, take a look at many cheap things to do in the city.

1. Magic Gardens ($8 with a student I.D.)

If you’ve been to the Magic Gardens before, take the time this summer to see this beautiful section of South Philly. It’s a perfect place to catch some shade or for photo ops.

1020 South Street

Philadelphia, Pa 19147

Wednesday-Monday: 11:00 AM – 6:00 PM

Closed on Tuesdays

2. Rocky Steps (Free)

Visit the famous Rocky Steps and get a clear view of the Ben Franklin Parkway in Philadelphia. Take the challenge and see if you can climb all 72 steps to the top!

Spring Garden Street

Logan Square, Pa 19130

Open 24 hours

3. The Philadelphia Museum of Art ($14 with a student I.D.)

While you’re at the Rocky Steps go inside the Philadelphia Museum of Art and explore through different time periods and styles of artwork. Spend a few hours or a whole day inside.

2600 Benjamin Franklin Parkway

Philadelphia, Pa 19130

Monday: Closed

Tuesday–Sunday: 10:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.

Wednesday and Friday evenings: Open until 8:45 p.m.

4. The Reading Terminal Market

Take a trip to the infamous Reading Terminal Market to try a wide variety of delicious foods. Try a food you’ve never had before!

51 North 12th Street

Philadelphia, Pa 19107

Open every day 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM

5. Pat’s or Geno’s Cheesesteaks

If you plan on visiting Philadelphia you have to make your way to South Street for some Philly cheesesteaks. Whether it’s Pat’s or Geno’s, enjoy a Philly classic.

1219 South 9th Street

Philadelphia, Pa 19147

Open 24 hours

6. The National Constitution Center ($14.50)

Take a walk through the historic part of Philadelphia and get to know the history of the city better.

525 Arch Street

Philadelphia, Pa 19106

Monday-Saturday 9:30 AM – 5:00 PM

7. The Love Statue (Free)

Philadelphia is known for its Love sign. Take pictures with friends or loved ones.

*Temporarily in Dilworth Park

15th Street and John F. Kennedy Boulevard

John F. Kennedy Plaza

Philadelphia, Pa 19102

Open 24 hours

8. Philadelphia Phillies Game (As low as $14)

Summer time is the perfect time to enjoy a baseball game. Whether or not you’re a baseball fan cheer on the Phillies while surrounding yourself with family and friends.

1 Citizens Bank Way

Philadelphia, Pa 19148

9. Party on the Parkway on the 4th of July (Free)

Every year Philadelphia hosts Party on the Parkway as one of the biggest free concerts the year. Past performances include Nicki Minaj, Hall and Oats, John Mayer, Ed Sheeran and Ariana Grande. It’s located right on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway. Enjoy a great fireworks display at the end of the concert.

Benjamin Franklin Parkway

10. Radio 104.5 Block Parties (Free)

Philly’s alternative radio station radio 104.5 hosts a free block party concert from every month from May to September for free at the Festival Pier. Tickets are downloadable on the Internet, so check Ticket Master for ticket release dates.

Festival Pier

601 N. Columbus Boulevard

Philadelphia, PA 19123

11. Philadelphia Eagles Training Camp (Free)

In the middle of the summer the Philadelphia Eagles allow fans to take a look at their team at work before the season. Visit Lincoln Financial Field and get a glimpse of the upcoming season.

1 Lincoln Financial Field Way

Philadelphia, PA 19147

12. One Liberty Observation Deck ($19)

On of the newest attractions in Philadelphia, take a look at the city from 57 floors above everyone else.

1650 Market St

#5700

Philadelphia, PA 19103

Every day from 10:00 AM – 10:00 PM

13. Penn’s Landing (Free)

Take a stroll through Penn’s Landing and see a different part of the city.

101 Columbus Boulevard

Philadelphia, Pa 19106

14. Philadelphia Union Game (As low as $15)

Soccer is becoming more and more popular in the United States, so why not go to a Union game?

1 Stadium Drive

Chester, PA 19013

15. Dave and Buster’s

Who doesn’t like playing arcade games? Bring out the kid in you and eat great food while playing in an arcade.

325 North Columbus Boulevard

Philadelphia, Pa 19106

Sunday-Thursday 11:30 AM – midnight

Friday-Saturday 11:30 AM – 2:00 AM

16. Philadelphia Zoo ($23)

Take a walk through the country’s first zoo and see exotic animals up close and personal.

3400 W Girard Ave

Philadelphia, PA 19104

Sunday-Saturday 9:30 AM – 5:00 PM

17. Chinatown

Visit Chinatown to get a look at a different side of Philadelphia. Enjoy authentic Chinese food and a different cultural atmosphere.

Zip Code: 19107