17 Things Getting Everyone Excited About Fall | The Odyssey Online

17 Things Getting Everyone Excited About Fall

It's fall, y'all.

182
Neve McClymont

Fall is easily my favorite season, and it should be yours too. So here are not one, not two, but 17 reasons why I love it!

1. Apple everything.

That's right. Apple cider, apple-scented candles, apple pie, apple EVERYTHING. And most importantly: Apple-Ritas. The best flavor of Bud Light's margarita drinks.

2. Pumpkin everything.

I know, I know. This is basic. But who doesn't enjoy a good ol' pumpkin spice latte every once in awhile? I haven't gotten one yet this fall, so don't crucify me for this. There's just something about this warm fall coffee drink that makes me feel all cuddly and cozy.

3. Candles.

I'm not saying I only burn candles in the fall. I'm just saying, I have about five candles lit at any given time from September-December. Cinnamon candles, kitchen spice candles, pumpkin waffle candles, salted caramel candles. Anything can fill my house with fall goodness is a-okay with me.

4. Warm drinks.

Okay, so this goes hand-in-hand with number 2, but it's worth saying. Warm apple cider, pumpkin spice lattes, and ANYTHING warm. Pro-tip: Get a chai latte from Starbucks and add apple cider. Thank me later.

5. Cute fall pictures.

Leaves are cute. Pumpkins are cute. Fall clothes are cute. The lighting is more flattering. Fall pictures are the best pictures, hands down. Don't fight me on this.

6. Football games.

Football is HUGE at WVU. The sense of community that you feel at a football game is unsurpassed. Even if you aren't actually at the stadium, almost everyone in Morgantown will be tuned into the game.

7. Cozy blankets.

Nothing feels better than bundling up in a nest of blankets and pillows while you Netflix the day away. Trust.

8. American Horror Story.

No explanation necessary.

9. Sweaters.

Otherwise known as the best article of clothing ever invented.

Which brings me to...

10. Fall clothes.

Again, I know. Basic. Sue me. BUT there are no clothes more comfortable than fall clothes. Leggings, sweaters, boots, cardigans. If you want, you can still wear shorts!

Which is a perfect segue into...

11. The TEMPERATURE.

Not too cold, not too warm. I live at the beach, so I'm obligated to think that summer is great. But it's so hot sometimes. Winter in Morgantown can get BRUTAL. I had band practice when it was 7 degrees and snowing one time, and I wasn't wearing socks. Fall temperatures are THE BEST. You can wear a sweatshirt, or you can still wear shorts without turning into an ice sculpture.

12. The changing leaves.

This is arguably my favorite part of the season. The colors of the leaves make you feel so cozy just by looking at them. The warm reds, oranges, browns, golds, and everything in between are absolutely gorgeous.

On a related note...

13. The colors.

When you think of the fall, you think of warm colors. You think of bonfires, leaves, caramel. The fall colors are universally flattering; even on a cool-toned fair-skinned girl.

14. Fall activities.

I've already touched on this, and if I made a separate point for each activity, this article would never end. Whether it's going to the pumpkin patch, apple picking, bonfires, simply being outside, it's so much more tolerable during the fall.

15. Blood Orange Mike's Hard Lemonade.

All of the fall drinks. Again. Sorry, not sorry.

16. HALLOWEEN!!!!

Even if you don't like Halloween, it's prime dress-up time. Maybe you don't like getting dressed up, I don't know. But I do, and I'm THRIVING.

17. Friends.

Okay, you obviously have friends during every season, but coming back to college in the fall is a beautiful thing. Yeah, you love your friends from home, but your college friends understand you in a completely different way. With school starting back up, it's impossible for you to be without your ride-or-dies