16 Things You Need To Thank Your Best Friend For As Told By "Shameless"

Who doesn't love their best friend and who doesn't love "Shameless?"

26
Mollie Wallace

Maybe she's your best friend since preschool. Maybe she's your best friend since high school. Or maybe she's your best friend you met drunkenly in that frat bathroom freshman year. But whoever she is, you probably know you owe her half your heart by now. Through all of the good times and all of the dark times, she has always been there when the smoke settles. Since you know you don't tell her enough, here are 16 things you need to thank your person for, as told by Shameless.

1. For always being honest

Whether it be about your outfit, the guy you met at that sleazy bar, or the truth you need to hear but no one will tell you. You know she'll always be the one to tell you like it is.

2. For accepting your weirdness and joining in

You know your best friend will accept any weird shenanigans you throw their way with out judging you, and better yet, they'll join in. So what if you two scare off strangers? Who needs new friends anyway?

3. For loving you through all your stages

Your punk stage in grade school? Rebellious stage in highschool? Srat star freshman year? whatever it is, they loved you through it and for that we salute you best friends.

4. For fighting your battles...even if you didn't ask

There is only one thing that upsets people more than being screwed over, and that's watching their best friend get screwed over. Best friends always have your back, so say thank you to them and sayonara to the haters.

5. For always forgiving you

Maybe you ate the Twix bar they were saving for later or spilled red wine on their favorite dress. Maybe you were putting them on the back burner for your new buds or you're blacked out alter ego said some things she didn't me. But you know your best friend always forgives you and takes you back, and honestly your not sure why. But for that we love her.

6. For all the nights she spent taking care of you

One too many vodka crans got you down? No, I mean literally down. Dragging your drunk friend home and helping them puke, WITHOUT taking any snap chats, isn't all fun and games, so thank you to all the best friends who've got us home safe after the nights we tried to drink away that bad break up.

7. For always keeping your secrets

At this point you and your bestie know so much about each other you have no choice but to be friends for life. But here's to all the secrets kept and all the promises yet to be made.

8. For always being your biggest fan

Best friends are always supporting us. Whether it be something small like slaying that new trend and texting your campus crush or something huge like moving across the country for a dream job. Our best friends are always cheering us on and happiest to see us succeed. We owe our success to them.

9. For crying with us

Because only a true friend will know when words aren't needed. Yet they are still there to listen to your favorite sad songs and cry by your side because nothing hurts more than watching your best friend hurting.

10. For all the times she's pretended to be your girlfriend at the bar

We've all done it. When that weird dude at the bar just won't take no for an answer, we know our best friend will always be there to pull the desperate "This is my girlfriend back off" card, and we couldn't be more thankful. So cheers to you and shots on us!

11. For always letting you borrow their clothes

No matter how many shirts you've ruined or lost, they still always let you borrow their outfits and always think of you while shopping. Because best friends never just happen to buy a top that's "so your color" and they "didn't like it on themselves anyway." Thank you best friends, for always making sure we look hot.

12. For always helping you clean up your messes

We don't always make the best decisions, Who am I kidding? we rarely ever make the best decisions. But thank you for always being there to help clean up the mess. Even when you told us it would end like this.

13. For being there for anything and everything

4 am ride home from the bar when you stayed in to study? Trips to the doctor when were too scared to go alone? Dealing with the aftermath of the latest F***boy? Whatever it may be, we couldn't do it without our best friends.

14. For always being your right-hand man

Everyone knows were a package deal, and there's no such thing as a selfie when we've got a best friend like you to show off in every pic. Whatever the night brings, were in it together.

15. For always reminding you what were worth

No one can say they haven't been hurt by complete f***boy. If they can they're probably a liar. It's inevitable that we catch the feels sooner or later and find our hearts floating in the bottom of our tequila glass. Luckily, our best friends are always there to remind us who we are and what we deserve.

16. For loving you when you weren't very lovable

Thank you best friends for loving us when were the most unlovable and for always being our family despite the flaws and speed bumps along the way.

Thank you for being my partner in crime, my diary, my favorite song, and my other half. I love you.