16 Signs You're Becoming An Adult Now | The Odyssey Online

16 Signs You're Becoming An Adult Now

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the perks of being an adult but sometimes I just want to be 10 again...

58
16 Signs You're Becoming An Adult Now

If it were up to me I would stay a kid for the rest of my life. Trust me. I enjoy the freedom and the perks that come with becoming an adult but it's still scary. But I guess we all have to go through it some day so here are 16 Signs that you're becoming an adult now *cries*:

1. You have your own apartment

You have your own apartment now YAAAAAAAAY!! TIME TO PARTY...or just walk around naked....Moving into your own apartment and paying rent means that you've entered the adult world.....now that's scary but exciting!

2. You have to pay for everything

Being an adult sounds fun until you realize you have to pay for everything!!!!!

*Cough cough* Escape *cough cough* Hard Summer* *cough cough* LED *cough cough* FOOOOOOOD ☹

3. You're close to finishing college and have to get serious about what you want to do with your life

Well that went by quicker that I though but I still don't know what I want to do. And this debt I'm in....."Someone please hire me pleaseeeee!!!!"

4. You have to learn how to cook for yourself

Cereal, frozen food or sandwiches can't be your only diet. It's not healthy and eventually you're going to have to stop eating out so much. It's time to either pick up a cookbook or take a cooking class to learn a few new things!!!! *internally screams*

5. Your favorite T.V. shows are now "ancient".......

Okay I am not old. And it's not my fault that the kids from this generation will never know what the good television shows are: That's so raven, Rugrats, Jimmy Neutron, Drake and Josh, etc. All those good old shows... *cries*

6. You need to upgrade your wardrobe to much more professional looking style

Lets face it some clothes (like sweats and workout clothes) aren't acceptable to wear to things anymore (unless your job requires it then you're the luckiest person ever

7. You're talking about having a family

"Whoa... did that just seriously come out of my mouth???" Yup it did. You'd be lying if you denied it OR maybe you're a talking about living a life alone heeeeeeeeey same. Let's make a book club together!

8. You can't relax anymore because there's always something to be done

It's true when they said to enough not working or having so many responsibilities! Now I can't sit down for one minute without thinking I have something to do

9. You have to watch what you say...

Now there is no excuse for what you say now. Now you really can't speak your mind because it just might get you into trouble...

10. You have to actually make Doctors, Dentist or any medical appointments on your own

Mom, can you pleaaaase just keep doing it for me, and just tell me when to go. I don't want to be a grown up

11. College Debt

I'm NOT crying there's just overpriced education in my eye.....It's sad but true. Once you know you have debt you just want to cry. Why college why????

12. You’re thinking about buying an actual dog

That's me and my dog..jk. But at this point you've always dreamed it would happen but now that you're actually close to it happening don't you just want to scream 🙊13. You enjoy naps

When you were a kid not even a million dollars, or candy, or even your Mom yelling at you would convince you to take a nap. Now you need the million dollars, candy, your Mom and a nap.

14. Coffee is actually your friend now...

Now it's more of a routine and an addiction now. And if you don't have it be prepared for all the headaches

15. You can feel the negative affects of too much junk food

Uggggh. The hardest part of growing up to be honest, your body isn't capable of burning everything off like it did before without exercising. I know it's sad....

16. Realizing you can't slack off anymore and hard work actually pays off

You've probably already been working hard but if you haven't well here is your wake up call. It's difficult but you're old enough to see the rewards from it now and well you have to if you want to do well in life. Good Luck! You can do it!