15 Thoughts While Using Tinder In College - The Odyssey Online

15 Thoughts While Using Tinder In College

Because we all do it.

5018
Image via SlashGear.com

It's not weird because we all do it. We swipe right and swipe left. Occasionally, we go on dates and occasionally we hook up. But more often than not, this is what's going through our heads when using the infamous dating app.

1. I can't believe I'm actually doing this.

Fact of the matter is, everyone does it. Your classmates, your sorority sisters, people living their post-grad life and even some of your professors. It's pretty normal nowadays to see people you know on the app. We just pretend like no one actually does it.

2. Oh, I definitely have a class with them.

Swipe left. Don't want to make a classroom situation awkward by matching, messaging them and then having an encounter that cannot be undone. But who knows, maybe if you swipe right, then it won't be that terrible.

3. They're cute -- I hope they're not a murderer.

Probably one of the first thoughts that runs through your head when you see someone cute on Tinder. You start to wonder why they're on the app to begin with and then you start to analyze. No mutual friends? Only a few pictures with no linked Instagram? Probably just trying to kidnap you. Only plausible option. Obviously.

4. Oh a match! And a message!

Can we say confidence boost? It always feel good to know that someone you swiped right on also swiped right on you (unless they're one of those people that swipes right on everyone). And a message? Don't mean to toot your horn, but you are winning right now.

5. I love pick up lines.

There are always those few guys that pull out the stops to impress you or just make you laugh. We love those guys. They make Tinder worth it. Add funny GIFs into the mix and that's probably what your Tinder dreams are made of.

6. Wow, that was really creepy...

And then there are the guys that message you with the dirtiest, most inappropriate messages that make you blush. No thank you. You don't want to be asked if you like "butt stuff" or whatever dirty thing they find amusing.

7. "Can I get your number?" No, you may not!

Cue you laughing and immediately unmatching them. Sorry, not sorry.

8. A normal conversation, hooray!

Whoa, you're talking to an actual human and not someone who's just there to mess around or be a complete f*ckboy. This is one in a million unfortunately (or at least one in 20 matches). It even has you thinking about if it could be more than just meaningless conversation.

9. I could definitely date this person!

You start to think about the future. You totally could get down with hanging out with this person and even maybe introducing them to your friends in the future. Obviously, you give them your number and it escalates.

10. (Goes on a date.)

They were normal! Huzzah! You're happy and giggly the next day because you're overwhelmed with the thought that you may have found your lobster or someone you could at least hang out with for the next few months.

11. (Doesn't hear from said date for weeks.)

And then comes the radio silence. They stop talking to you. Occasionally, they snap you something irrelevant and they view your Snapchat story regularly, but other than that there is no contact.

12. I hate Tinder! I'm deleting it!

You've given up (for now). You might as well just have your friends set you up with their boyfriend's friends or brothers or whoever else is still single. Or worse, just pick someone up from the bar.

13. I'm bored, might as well redownload Tinder again.

It's late, you have no plans and you're laying in bed watching "Gossip Girl" for the umteenth time. It doesn't seem like a bad idea at the time, I mean it's been a few weeks since the last time you swiped on anyone. What's the worst that could happen?

14. (Matches with someone from class.) Well, this is going to be awkward...

Well this is about to get weird. I hope they don't notice when I casually move seats to the back of the room where I can hide the fact that I matched with them on Tinder. Think they'll notice? Nah.

15. Realize that using Tinder is actually pretty fun.

You do it and so does everyone else. In the end it's actually pretty fun and an amusing thing you can share between your friends. Who got the most matches? Who got the craziest message? Who matched with the hottest person? It's like show and tell with a dating app.

And who knows, maybe someday you'll find your prince charming and you can be their Tinderella. But for now, swipe to your hearts desire. Left, right! You do you.