15 Songs From The Early 2000s You Thought You Forgot | The Odyssey Online

15 Songs From The Early 2000s You Thought You Forgot

Do you still remember the lyrics to these maybe forgotten, but iconic songs?

657
Metro

Any person who was alive during the early 2000s knows of the billboard hits from Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, and 'N Sync amongst the many other pop singers and groups. A lot of these jams still play on various radio stations today and we still know all the words too! Seriously, who doesn't know the words to "Say My Name" from Destiny's Child? Say my name, say my name when no one is around you say, 'baby I love you'... It's literally SO catchy, you can't not sing it!

But what about the songs that we haven't heard in years? Would we still remember the lyrics? There were plenty of bops that we tend to forget about as time goes on. Here's a list of 15 songs you might have forgotten:

1. M.I.A. - "Paper Planes"

This song came out in 2007 and instantly became the theme song to my year in the 6th Grade. If I only knew that the song was about drugs and stealing money at the time...

2. Mandy Moore - "Crush"

Who else is thriving to know that Mandy Moore is back on the scene for her amazing show This is Us?! Remember her in The Princess Diaries? Uh, the nostalgia! (Circa 2001)

3. Lil Wayne ft. Nicki Minaj - "Knockout"

This was probably one of the most annoying songs on the radio in 2010 and yet, I being an annoying 14-year-old, screamed, "Hey Barb-ayy!" at the top of my lungs every time this song played.

4. JoJo - "Leave (Get Out)"

You need to "Get out, right now!" if you don't know this song from 2004.

5. Fergie - "Clumsy"

Still trippin' stumblin' flippin' fumblin' over those lyrics. (2006)

6. Bowling for Soup - "1985"

This 2004 song instantly became one of everyone's mom's favorite songs, because she was probably "still preoccupied, with 1985."

7. Baby Bash ft. T-Pain - "Cyclone"

Released in 2007, this song unrightfully played at all of my middle school dances.

8. Avril Lavigne - "I'm With You"

This sad track is so typical of the angsty teen in 2002.

9. Ashlee Simpson - "L.O.V.E."

This is such a girl-power jam. I remember singing this with all my gal pals back in elementary school in 2005. "L-O-L-O-L-O-L-O-V-E! Oh did you hear me say?!"

10. DJ Webstar ft. Young B - "Chicken Noodle Soup"

Odd, yes, but ICONIC. (2007)

11. Lumidee - "Never Leave You"

I never knew this song's name for the entire time it was on the radio in 2003. There's no denying that beat, though, you just have to dance!

12. The Click Five - "Just The Girl"

It's "bittersweet" the way this band fell off the face of the Earth. They were so good back in 2005!

13. Hurricane Chris - "Ay Bay Bay"

"Now when I holla 'ay bay bay' I finna get my groove on." UHH, yes!! Such a road trip kind of bop. But for real, who's child is singing in the background? (Circa 2007)

14. Red Jumpsuit Apparatus - "Face Down"

If you didn't scream this song while simultaneously jumping around your room, you weren't really living. This jam came out in 2009.

15. Danity Kane - "Damaged"

This song was EVERYTHING to my 13-year-old self in 2009. I used to sing this song like I just got divorced from my significant other of 50 years. Who hurt me at 13?!?