15 Senior Picture Poses We Should "Leave To The Ladies" | The Odyssey Online

15 Senior Picture Poses We Should "Leave To The Ladies"

Boys, here is your 2017 guide on how not to pose for your senior pics.

20
Lucas Kelderman

Fall is the best time of year for senior pictures, in my opinion. All the photo ops around us; but guys, let's try and leave some of these poses for us ladies. No harsh feelings, just know that we pull them off better.

Ahhh. The half face close up. Classic. (sorry, but you're not as shady as you think you are)

Unless you're a "casually sittin' on a park bench" sort of guy, let's avoid this pose.

Something about this pose just doesn't work. Maybe its the arm, or the lack of hair. Who knows?

These actually, maybe sorta work. Maybe. It's probably the hair. Give them a go if you're a brave soul.

Okay. Either the jeans are too tight or the legs don't naturally bend like that, but nothing about this looks comfortable. Move on.

Again with the park bench. Avoid at all costs. (And the crossed ankles? Please.)

Typically a glamour shot, with the long hair flowing and a little breeze. But hey, no hair. No glamour.

Boys, let's agree to leave the tree leaning to a minimum. (no matter how cute and cheesy your smile is)

Who isn't a sucker for cute fall senior pics? Right? Wrong. Let's try and keep the leaves on the ground boys.

That's it. Park benches are no longer allowed. Cut. Zip. Done.

When a girl poses like this we think "oh, cute and playful." With a guy we move on to a little creepy.

DOES NO ONE LISTEN

Do you have a headache? Are you confused? We don't know. Without the hair between your fingers and a shy smile, this pose does not work.

A classic pose. Aaaalmost works. This one is a toss up.

If you feel uncomfortable while taking the picture, we probably feel uncomfortable when looking at it.

(Huge thanks to my more than willing models, and outstanding photographer.)