15 Reasons Peyton Sawyer Is My Spirit Animal | The Odyssey Online

15 Reasons Peyton Sawyer Is My Spirit Animal

She is more than just a fictional character.

545
fanpop

It's been over 12 years since the first episode of "One Tree Hill" aired. I remember back in high school, my best friend and I sitting down and binge watching every single season on Netflix. We would watch five plus episodes every night that we were together (because it was forbidden to watch it without each other), while eating an entire roll of cookie dough. We would dream of the day we had relationships like those of Nathan and Haley or Lucas and Peyton. Those were our favorites because we decided she was more like Haley and I was like Peyton. Never has a character in a TV show influenced my life more than that of Peyton Sawyer. In a way, she helped me understand myself, as silly as it sounds. Sometimes it takes a fictional character to show you who you are and that you're not alone.

1. She has a good head on her shoulders.

No matter what, she doesn't let people bring her down. When she falls, she gets back up fighting, because she knows life is worth it.

2. She doesn't deal with half-ass friends.

You will never find a person with more trust issues than Peyton Sawyer. But let's be real, can you blame her?

3. Which explains why she doesn't open up to many.

She takes pride in keeping to herself, and there's nothing wrong with that.

4. But she knows how to appreciate the people she does have.

For those who do stand by her side, she is eternally grateful. She is genuine and sincere...to those who deserve it.

5. She has a kick-ass sense of humor.

Sarcastic remarks are what she does best. I like to consider them as a defense mechanism.

6. She knows who she is.

I'm going to speak for everyone when I say: why can't we all have her confidence?

7. But that doesn't mean she always likes who she is.

Okay, she is human, after all. But does she ever try to change because of this? Never once.

8. She's not afraid to be tough.

Whether it be telling off her best friend's new love interest, or fighting off a psycho stalker, there's nothing she can't face.

9. In fact, she's pretty fearless overall.

Risk suspension from school to stand up for what is right? Yeah, just another day for her.

10. Except when it comes to the hardest thing of all.

We all can relate to this. Am I right?

11. It tends to be her downfall.

I am so guilty of trying to be like this. Truth is, there's a reason she ends up happily married to the guy of her dreams, she did need someone after all.

12. But is it really?

She may love passionately, but it's not all that she cares about, and it's definitely not what defines her.

13. Her passions are what drive her.

Whether you like to draw, write, sing or dance, we all can relate to this desire.

14. And she's realized the best kind of therapy.

Can I get an AMEN?

15. Her deep thoughts are what make her, well, her.

Finally, someone who has depth.

To those of us who watched and followed "One Tree Hill" for so long, Peyton Sawyer is not just a fictional character. The character that Peyton represents is real, living in many of us today. Her ways and her words reached many for nine seasons, but will continue to affect us for the rest of our lives.