15 Questions We Still Ask Our Mom | The Odyssey Online

15 Questions We Still Ask Our Mom

Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em

20
15 Questions We Still Ask Our Mom

When you're young, the number one thing you cannot wait to do is grow up. As kids, we play careers, pretending for hours that we are grown up. When we are teenagers we fight and fight with our parents saying they don't understand us and their response is always "One day you will." Now, being a real adult we want nothing more than to go back to our childhood where mommy took care of everything for us and protected us from life's craziness. Luckily, I was blessed with a mom who has now become my best friend and someone who I know is always there for me, even when I have annoying questions to ask her.

1. If I fail out of college, will you still love me?

The answer is always, yes.

Just kidding it's always, "no, now get your butt to class"

2. This container expired a week ago, can I still eat it?

I’m starving and have nothing else in my fridge other than these leftovers and they don’t smell too awful.

3. Can you call and make me a doctor's appointment please?

I’ve been in bed for 48 hours and hate talking to people over the phone so can you please call the doctor and make me an appointment?

4. Do you think I'm going to die?

My throat hurts when I swallow, and my head is pounding, and I'm sweating but then I'm cold. Do you think I'm going to die??

5. How long can I wear this pair of jeans before I have to wash them?

It sounds gross but its the truth of adulthood

6. How often should I water these plants you bought me?

I wanted to be responsible for something and plants are easy you said. If so, then why are they brown and dried up? How much water is too much water?

7. Where do you buy stamps and how many do I need?

I need to mail a package to someone whose birthday was last week. Where does one buy stamps and how many do you need?

8. How do I pay this speeding ticket?

First of all, sorry for getting this, I was late. Second, how and where do I pay for this?

9. Is $50 too expensive for a pair of shoes?

Moms are always the best voice of reason when it comes to pretty much everything. You know the answer to these questions yourself but hearing it from mom makes it easier to walk away from those expensive shoes.

10. Can I dry my new jean jacket or will it shrink?

After spilling something on your new favorite jacket you throw it in the wash and then wonder if it will shrink up like that last jacket you had.

11. What do I pre-heat the oven at to cook this chicken?

It will never taste the same as she would have made it, but the best we as new adults can do is try, right?

12. What is my social security number?

I know I know, it's something I should have memorized by now, but it's long and I have a terrible memory.

13. When I come home can you cook me my favorite dinner every night I'm there?

Nothing in this entire world is better than mom's cooking, nothing.

14. How do I fill out a check?

Are checks even accepted anymore?

15. Can we hangout?

After moving away from home, there's nothing better than spending quality time with mom and after all of those teenage years where you battled her daily it’s finally the time for the real mother/daughter friendship to begin.