The Top 15 Most Beautiful Taylor Swift Lyrics

But the list could go on and on...

6762
celebmafia.com

I'm going to be honest here. I'm a die-hard Swiftie, and have been since I was eleven years old. I vividly remember playing Taylor Swift's first album on my aqua CD player in my bedroom, studying the lyric pamphlet that came with the CD in 6th grade, determined to memorize every word of every song. Even as a child I was fascinated by the lyrics in Taylor's songs as opposed to her voice or the tune. I was obsessed with decoding every song and looking up her inspirations. To this day, I can still tell you what inspired pretty much every Taylor Swift song, whether it be a person or experience. I cannot get over how poetic her songs all are, so here is my list of her most beautiful song lyrics ever written.

1. "Last Kiss"

This song is one of Taylor's most vulnerable and raw songs, which makes it so amazing. She completely captures the feeling of losing a love today where you can still look through their pictures on social media and keep up with them from a distance, but it's just not the same. Basically, I've been obsessed with this song since before I even had any exes to relate this to.

So I'll watch your life in pictures like I used to watch you sleep
And I feel you forget me like I used to feel you breathe
And I keep up with our old friends just to ask them how you are
Hope it's nice where you are

2. "Red"

OK, so let's talk about imagery! Taylor is so poetic in "Red," and uses similes throughout the song that pin-points a passionate romance that's never going to last.

Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Faster than the wind, passionate as sin, ending so suddenly
Loving him is like trying to change your mind once you're already flying through the free fall
Like the colors in autumn, so bright just before they lose it all

3. "Back To December"

This is another one of Taylor's vulnerable songs where she apologizes to an ex for breaking up with him.

So this is me swallowing my pride
Standing in front of you saying I'm sorry for that night
And I go back to December all the time
It turns out freedom ain't nothing but missing you
Wishing I'd realized what I had when you were mine
I'd go back to December, turn around and make it all right
I go back to December all the time

4. "Treacherous"

Are there any other singers out there with such lovely lyrics? She asks the questions that we all wonder deep down. Is love a choice? Is love better when it's messy?

I can't decide if it's a choice
Getting swept away
I hear the sound of my own voice
Asking you to stay
And all we are is skin and bone
Trained to get along
Forever going with the flow,
But you're friction

5. "White Horse"

This is one of her earlier songs and I remember obsessing over it in middle school.

Maybe I was naive,
Got lost in your eyes
And never really had a chance
My mistake I didn't know to be in love
You had to fight to have the upper hand
I had so many dreams
About you and me
Happy endings
Now I know

6. "The Moment I Knew"

I think this is one of her less popular songs because I think it's just a bonus track, but it's nothing short of perfection.

And it was like slow motion,
Standing there in my party dress,
In red lipstick,
With no one to impress,
And they're all laughing,
As I'm looking around the room,
But there was one thing missing,
And that was the moment I knew.

7. "You Are In Love"

This was a bonus track on "1987" and I am currently obsessed with it. It's just so simple and pure and describes a healthy kind of love as opposed to the typical songs she writes about toxic relationships and heartbreak.

One look, dark room
Men just for you
Time moved too fast
You played it back
Buttons on a coat
Light hearted joke
No proof not much
But you saw enough
Small talk, he drives
Coffee at midnight, the light reflects
The chain on your neck
He says look up
And your shoulders brush
No proof, one touch
You felt enough

8. "Breathe"

"Breathe" is such an honest and raw break up song. It's about doing everything you can to prevent the other from getting hurt in a relationship, but in the end, the breakup was inevitable. It's one of her earlier songs and it's just beautiful.

Never wanted this, never wanna see you hurt.
Every little bump in the road I tried to swerve.
People are people, and sometimes it doesn't work out,
Nothing we say is gonna save us from the fall out.

9. "Sad Beautiful Tragic"

"Sad Beautiful Tragic" is just another example of why Taylor's album, "Red" is just pure artistic genius.

In dreams, I meet you in warm conversation
We both wake in lonely beds in different cities
And time, is taking its sweet time erasing you
And you've got your demons, and darling they all look like me

10. "Almost Do"

I love this song about thinking about an ex and wondering what they're doing and what they're thinking about. This song is almost an apology for cutting someone out of her life because keeping up with them as friends was just too messy.

I bet this time of night you're still up.
I bet you're tired from a long hard week.
I bet you're sitting in your chair by the window looking out at the city.
And I hope sometimes you wonder about me.

11. "Tied Together With A Smile"

This is from her first album, and it's just wonderful in my opinion. Taylor has been open about how she struggled to fit in as a teenager and I love that she wrote this song because so relatable. Listening to it at 20, I understand it in a totally different way than I did when I was 12.

Hold on, baby; you're losing it
The water's high, you're jumping into it
And letting go, and no one knows
That you cry; but you don't tell anyone
That you might not be the golden one
And you're tied together with a smile
But you're coming undone

12. "Haunted"

While the lyrics in this song are very vulnerable and lovely, the instrumental part in the beginning of the song is nothing short of perfection as well.

Come on, come on, don't leave me like this
I thought I had you figured out
Something's gone terribly wrong
You're all I wanted
I thought I had you figured out
Can't breathe whenever you're gone
Can't turn back now, I'm haunted

13. "Blank Space"

So basically everyone who doesn't live under a rock knows this song, but there's a reason that it's so popular. The lyrics are very clever and a pretty accurate description of Taylor's love life.

So it's gonna be forever
Or it's gonna go down in flames
You can tell me when it's over
If the high was worth the pain
Got a long list of ex-lovers
They'll tell you I'm insane
'Cause you know I love the players
And you love the game

14. "Untouchable"

This was a bonus track on "Fearless," and I like it a lot. It's a very beautiful song filled with all sorts of imagery, showing off Taylor's song writing ability.

Untouchable like a distant diamond sky, Mmmm
I'm reaching out and I just can't tell you why
I'm caught up in you, I'm caught up in you
Untouchable, burning brighter than the sun
And when you're close I feel like coming undone

15. "All To Well"

I personally think that "All Too Well" is Taylor's greatest masterpiece, and honestly just want to put all the lyrics in here because every sentence is so beautiful.

Maybe we got lost in translation, maybe I asked for too much,
And maybe this thing was a masterpiece 'til you tore it all up.
Running scared, I was there, I remember it all too well.

Hey, you call me up again just to break me like a promise.
So casually cruel in the name of being honest.
I'm a crumpled up piece of paper lying here
'Cause I remember it all, all, all too well.

So there you have it, only a few of the most poetic and beautiful Taylor Swift lyrics ever written. I think it's safe to say the world is ready for her to release another album.