15 Life Lessons I Learned From Disney Channel Original Movies

Disney Channel original movies were filled with morality and meaning.

306
Wikia

1. "The Thirteenth Year"

If you think you might be a mermaid, do not keep such important information from your family. And if you are indeed a mermaid and 13, make sure to stay away from water.

2. "The Luck of the Irish"

Being a leprechaun or having lucky coins will not always make you lucky. Practice and talent will always persevere.

3. "Johnny Tsunami"

Always make the best of every situation you are in. Whenever one door closes, there will always be another open. Take risks and never stop believing in yourself.

4. "Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century"

If you are aboard a space ship and you think the commander is evil, take your chances and bring him or her down. These are the moments that define who we are and what we will become. Lead when everyone else follows. Stand when everyone else sits and speak when all others remain silent.

5. "Jumping Ship"

Always have some knowledge and basic survival skills, especially if there will ever be a chance you will be stranded on an island.

6. "The Even Stevens Movie"

If you ever are stranded on an island because you pissed off some tribe people, then make a point to make sure you aren't on some reality TV show. HINT: If you see wires and cable chords on the beach, you should be suspicious.

7. "Smart House"

If your house is smarter than you, make sure you don't piss it off. Especially when it can lock you inside or create storms in the living room. Just don't trust a smart house.

8. "Halloweentown"

Magic is really very simple. All you have to do is want something and then let yourself have it.

9. "Halloweentown II"

If you bring a cute boy upstairs, don't show him your magical grandmother's secret room where he could get his hands on powerful spell books. Also, don't judge a boy based on his looks. If there is something froggy about him, listen to your instincts.

10. "Get a Clue"

If your teacher goes missing and you think you have good detective skills, there is no shame in pulling a "Scooby Doo" and taking matters into your own hands. Never underestimate a bunch of suburban New York City teenagers.

11. "The Cheetah Girls"

Working as a team means that everyone is a leader. Trying to control everything and everyone all the time will never work out. Be considerate of other people's feelings. By the way, there is nothing wrong with carrying hot sauce in your purse!

12. "High School Musical"

Do not stick to the status quo. If you like to do something, like bake or sing, then do it! Do not let what other people think dictate how you live your life.

13. "Wish Upon a Star"

Be careful when wishing upon stars. You could just accidentally switch bodies with your sister.

14. "Motocrossed"

Girls can do anything just as well as boys. Being a girl should not restrict you from following your dreams. No matter how "boyish" they are.

15. "The Color of Friendship"

Race should not matter when determining whether you should be friends with someone. This world is filled with racism, sexism, and discrimination. Always stand true to the value that friendship has no color.