15 Things That Make A Friendship Worth It

It's more than just gossip.

509
Meena Ajith

Perhaps the hardest, but also the easiest relationship to maintain –– friendship –– is a lesson for a lifetime, a blessing for years if done right and done honestly. Otherwise, it also ends up becoming a stunt in your own growth.

So what makes a friendship truly worth it?

1. Reliability. Having each other's back no matter what comes.

2. But with that said, also showing them the right way, when no one else does.

3. You keep each other grounded, and there is never any space for ego.

4. Honesty. No matter what comes, you don’t compromise there.

5. You lift each other up, help each other grow and help chase dreams.

6. You are also each other’s safe space. There’s no “judging” involved.

7. You are each other’s place to vent, to let out what you hide from society.

8. A true friendship doesn’t dissolve with distance, it grows bigger branches.

9. It also teaches you to give without expecting anything in return.

10. It helps you find the courage to put your heart into things with no guarantee of it coming back safe.

11. Also teaches you the value of growing with someone while being independent of each-other.

12. They’re your chosen family. You also learn to love people solely because you WANT to.

13. You make their parents your extra set of parents and that’s the best thing ever.

14. Your decisions are always cross-checked, you have a person who you can trust will think the best for you.

15. And lastly, you’re never alone. In anything at all. And that is a feeling to feel blessed about.