14 Times I Knew I Found the Perfect Person

Don't get technical with me.

12
Karissa Roe Photography

The first time I talked to my husband, we were playing a game of Monopoly at his apartment. I went over there to hang out with his roommates, but somehow he was the one who stayed up the entire night with me. The next day he brought over some popcorn I had left and we exchanged phone numbers. We hung out every day after that, and he asked me to be his girlfriend 18 days later. After three months we were living together, and in just 22 months we were engaged. Now, two and half years later, we are married.

I wanted to share some of our story because most people would say we moved quickly with our relationship. But honestly, I would have married him sooner if I could have! I don't think you need to be a certain age to know what love is. We are just simply meant to be.

I know this for at least these 14 reasons.

1. The way he looks at me

I can tell that I am special in his eyes and that he is in love with me.

2. He makes me laugh

Laughter is good for you, they say. But its also a sign of happiness, I say. And he makes me laugh frequently.

3. I want to spend every moment with him

It started out just us wanting to go places and spend time together. However, as our relationship grew it became more than just hanging out because we like each others company. I genuinely want him to be a part of every aspect of my life, and he makes me a part of his. Note: there is a fine line between this and clinginess.

4. I wanted to tell him about everything

He is the first person I go to with anything. Whether its something good, bad, funny, or just a random thought, I immediately want him to know. As an introverted and pretty quiet person, finding someone that I can't stop talking to is a big deal.

5. He inspires me every day

When I see him or think about him, I am amazed. I really can't get over him.

6. He makes me feel like a princess

I feel like if you think you found a real "Prince Charming", that's a good sign.

7. We have fun together

Simple, but when you're thinking about spending an eternity together this is important.

8. We can talk for hours or sit in silence for hours

There are times we will sit and talk for hours, which is something I love to do with him. But there are also times where we don't have anything to say, and we just enjoy being next to each other.

9. We follow our dreams together

Not just talking about dreams, but also going after them. Someone that is willing to go after all the things you talk about makes me feel very certain about spending a lifetime together. I mean, talk about dreamy!

11. He is thoughtful

Whether its doing chores I hate or sending a nice text during the day, he is always finding ways to let me know he is thinking about me.

12. Everything is better when we are together.

EVEN doing the laundry! Almost always.

13. We are completely ourselves with each other.

He is the one person on the earth at this point in my life that knows everything about me. There is no fear of being weird or goofy, or laughing uncontrollably. No fear of being judged. I feel safe with him, even when I am feeling vulnerable.

14. We work as a team

Over the past couple of years there are so many things we have done together that would not have been possible without the support of one another.

Obviously, I'm gonna keep you! No relationship is perfect, but a little cliché in life never hurt anyone.