13 Things To Look Forward To In 2017 | The Odyssey Online

13 Things To Look Forward To In 2017

2016 was surely a year of ups and downs...

16
13 Things To Look Forward To In 2017
Wikipedia

1. 128th Rose Parade.

The annual Tournament of the Roses, Rose Parade will be held on January 2nd, 2017 as marching bands, floats and celebrities parade 5.5 miles through Pasadena, CA in celebration of the new year.

2. Disney and Pixar movie releases!

Coco (Nov. 22, 2017) based on the Mexican holiday, Dia de Muertos.

Beauty and the Beast (March 17, 2017).

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (May 26, 2017).

Cars 3 (June 16, 2017).

3. Panic! At The Disco 2017 Tour.

Panic! At The Disco announced their upcoming “Death of a Bachelor” world tour which will take place in February-April 2017. Could we BE any more excited?

4. Cassini-Huygens Spacecraft.

The Cassini-Huygens spacecraft has been orbiting Saturn for the past 13 years, collecting data. On Sept. 15, 2017, the spacecraft will be destroyed as it is allowed to fall into Saturn’s atmosphere.

5. New President.

After the 2016 election, a new President will be sworn into the White House, starting a new leadership of America.

6. New Smartphones.

In our current age of technology, new smartphones are being released left and right, and 2017 will be no different. There is talk of the releases of a new iPhone (the iPhone 8?), Samsung Galaxy S8 Edge and the Microsoft Surface Phone.

7. Puppy Bowl 2017.

Football? Nah. The real excitement for the non-sports fans is the annual Puppy Bowl that is broadcasted on Animal Planet. Feb. 5, 2017 will be an exciting day for all puppy lovers! Who will win the MVP (Most Valuable Puppy) award? (Last year it was Star, a Chow Chow mix).

8. Stranger Things Season Two.

The Netflix original became shockingly popular soon after its release, as viewers were instantly hooked. 2017 will bring a season two to the hit series!

9. Bizarre Food Trends.

With the insane milkshake trend appearing in 2016, what other food trends will become popularized in 2017 that we can look forward to?

10. Solar Eclipse.

The first full solar eclipse of the 21st century will occur on Aug. 21, 2017!

11. So Cal Corgi Beach Day 2017.

Although the date has not yet been announced, this annual event is always something to look forward to! Corgis… Corgis everywhere…

12. Star Wars Land.

A new area of both Disneyland in Anaheim, CA and Walt Disney World in Bay Lake, FL, Star Wars Land is being developed across 14 acres in each park! This land will be occupied by a variety of different creatures in order to effectively tell the story of Star Wars.

13. It’s not 2016.

Let’s admit it, 2016 was a rough year for a lot of us… 2017 is a fresh start, time to begin our resolutions, try new things, and become better people! Cheers to the new year!