13 Songs To Brighten Your Day

13 Songs To Brighten Your Day

Because everyone could use a musical pick-me-up every now and then...

329
13 Songs To Brighten Your Day

Everyone has days that they just feel down in the dumps, maybe with reason, or maybe just because it's a rainy, gloomy day. Of course there are many ways in which to flip your mood around. One way that never fails for me is to listen to some genuinely feel-good music. I know everyone prefers one genre over another, but sometimes there are songs that can resonate with any listener... literally. I have compiled this list of songs that I feel can pick you up when you're feeling down and keep you in that cheery mood.

1. "Here Comes The Sun" by The Beatles

This is one song that will, no matter what, bring my spirits up. I like to call it "my happy song." It simply has a happy tune that no person can deny. Throughout the song, it even reminisces on possible bad times that have come before, but now everything is "all right."

2. "Three Little Birds" by Bob Marley & The Wailers

Any song sung by Bob Marley can instantly mellow out the listener. Hearing him sing the words, "Don't worry about a thing, 'cause every little thing is gonna be all right" makes you believe it. The song has optimism in every line making it nearly impossible to not make you feel good.

3. "Bright" by Echosmith

This song is about having everything just feel perfectly right in your life. It evokes a feeling of contentment. It talks about the feelings one may get when stargazing. This makes the listener feel as though they have experienced the same thing. It also promotes appreciation of the little things in life, which is a great outlook if you're not having the best day.

4. "Summer Of '69" by Bryan Adams

As soon as this song starts, everyone can identify it, proving that it is legendary. Yes, it talks about the summer of 1969... over 25 years before some of us were even born. No matter what your age, though, it still elicits a warm, reminiscent feeling from your own favorite summer.

5. "Hey Ya!" by OutKast

Personally, I cannot sit still when this song plays. There is something about it that will make you dance around like no one is watching. If you have ever played Just Dance 2 and are anything like me, then you can probably perform the dance anytime you hear it.

6. "Honey, I'm Good" by Andy Grammar

This song will get your toes tapping and your hands clapping from the moment it comes on until the second it ends. Not only is it insanely catchy, but it has such a good message. The song is about rejecting a girl since he is already committed to someone else. This is what any girl hopes for when her significant other goes out for the night without her, so naturally, it will win over any female.

7. "I Want You Back" by The Jackson 5

This song is iconic, to put it simply. Nearly everyone knows it and can sing along. Hearing Michael Jackson's young voice is heartwarming, knowing that is where he started and where his career progressed to. It will put anyone in a good mood just based on the happy background music and his sweet voice.

8. "Come On Eileen" by Dexys Midnight Runners

If you're a movie fan, you may know this song from the movie "The Perks of Being a Wallflower." It plays during the homecoming dance scene, which happens to be where Charlie realizes that Sam and Patrick are the friends he's always been looking for as they perform their "living room routine." This scene is one of my favorites and the song makes it. Since this song has become so popular with the younger generation, it has become like an anthem for friends to simply have fun together and enjoy the moment since "at this moment, you mean everything."

9. "Uptown Funk" by Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars

If you ever have seen Bruno Mars perform this song live or on TV, then you know you cannot stay quiet or still while it's on. This song just makes you feel good about yourself and want to have fun. I know that if this song comes on while my mom and I are together, then our whole prior conversation is paused until the song is over and we have finished our singing and dancing.

10. "Sweet Caroline" by Neil Diamond

This is a classic for everyone, young and old. Red Sox fans are even more attached to this song since it is basically the anthem at Fenway. Though some other baseball fans (especially Yankees fans, like myself) may be somewhat bitter about this connotation that the song has, you can't help but belt out this song when it plays. I don't know one person that can restrain themselves when it comes time to assist Mr. Diamond and sing, "So good! So good! So good!"

11. "Best Song Ever" by One Direction

No matter how much you may try to hide it, this is a guilty pleasure song for everyone. Not only is it catchy, but it is just so fun! A classic boy-band song can brighten even the darkest of days, undoubtedly. What better choice than to listen to the "Best Song Ever!"

12. "Wagon Wheel" by Darius Rucker

I know there are many people who do not prefer country, but this is one song that everyone can enjoy, regardless of it's country roots. Darius Rucker easily has one of the smoothest voices. It is really a sing-along-around-the-fire kind of song. It will help any group of people bond, or if you're listening solo, give you a content feeling.

13. "What A Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong

Personally, this song is accompanied by a whirlwind of emotions. It was my late grandmother's favorite song, so it is easy to say that a tear or two may be shed any time I hear it. The song serves as a reminder that it truly is "a wonderful world."

Happy listening!