13 Perks of Super Bowl 50

13 Perks of Super Bowl 50

Broncos Vs. Panthers! Who will take the title?

24
13 Perks of Super Bowl 50
Google

It's that time of year again, SUPER BOWL. And whether you're a sports fan or not, this day has become a silent holiday of sorts to our society. If your favorite team made it to the big game then bragging rights are in order! If your team didn't make it, there are still plenty of things to get excited for; here are 12 perks of Super Bowl 50:

1. Parties

Someone you know is having a Super Bowl party.. and if you don't know someone, you're probably going to be the person that has the party. And if you decide that a house party is the way to go, every sports bar in the country will be showing the game on every tv they own.

2. Food

Food glorious food. It seems that your mind goes blank during the game and you mindlessly eat a ridiculous amount of food. It's most likely football or team themed and even if it's not, it's going to be delicious and that's all that really matters.

3. Drinks

Alcoholic or non-alcoholic, the drinks will be flowing. This is the time that your guests will be having the life long debates of Coke vs. Pepsi or Bub Light vs. Coors Light.

4. Learning Experience

If you're not a sports fan or don't really know much about football this is the perfect time to learn! Super Bowl is a game featuring the best teams in the league and that means that all bets are off. Find someone who is willing to talk during the game and explain it to you and you might just fall in love with football.

5. Competition

Obviously this day is full of competition. Between who is most spirited, who's chili was best, and who will walk away with the trophy and bragging rights; Super Bowl will bring the competitive side out of everyone!

6. Gambling

At most Super Bowl events there are friendly wagers that are made betting on the best commercial, if the half-time show will be good, and who will win the game. Usually there are $1 box pools that allow you to estimate what the score will be at the end half-time and at the end of the game! Gambling doesn't have to be something crazy it just adds a little more excitement!

7. Family Time

Football and family just go together. Your family is either all for the same team or stocked full with rivalries and that.

8. History in the Making

Super Bowls are notorious for making history. One year it's a horrible call that changed the outcome of the game. The next year it's a 'nip slip' that leaves everyone in awe.

9. Team Apparel

When you're not someone that wears your team colors year round, this is the last time that you can flash your team spirit! Of course if your team isn't in it, that's all the more reason to show your team loyalty, through thick and thin!

10. Half-Time Show

Every year a huge celebrity is hired to put on what will be the "show of the year." Last year you might remember Katy Perry taking the stage and introducing us to 'Left Shark.' People may complain that they don't like the band performing but it's only a few short days til we see just what ColdPlay can bring to the world.

11. Commercials

Commercials have taken the spotlight over the last couple of years. Companies know that nearly everyone in the nation will be glued to the TV so they pull out all the stops to make the funniest most stand out commercials. Who do you think will have the best one this year?

12. Excitement

Soak it up because unfortunately this is the last game of the season before we trudge through a very, very long off season. Celebrate and have a very fun and safe Super Bowl Sunday!

13. PUPPY BOWL!!!

This one is for you people that really can't stand football but LOVE puppies!!! Thank you Animal Planet!

Who do you think will win?